Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta stops working when reaching 75% of battery

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Alta stops working even though it’s 75% charged. I charge it to 100% and as soon as it gets to 75% it stops working.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Community, @M1-.

Have you tried to restart your device? If you haven't, I recommend trying this by following the steps in the help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?.

Let me know the outcome. 

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Welcome to the Community, @M1-.

Have you tried to restart your device? If you haven't, I recommend trying this by following the steps in the help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?.

Let me know the outcome. 

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried restarting several times and it will not restart to the welcome message. However problem still exists it stops working when battery is 75% charged and is dead until you connect to the charger. Very frustrating. Can you please help.

Best Answer

My fitbit stopped working after 2 years. The screen buzzes, then goes blank. Nothing works to restore it. It doesn't charge, NOTHING. But if I connect it to charge 4 days later it works again. BUT I lose all my data and time etc. Friends stopped to. Same age. I told her haul it out of cupboard andto try charging it. It charged. Both then die suddenly after about a week. But if I wait 4 days itll THEN charge. This seems like a preprogrammed malfunction to me.

Any advice as I can't use the device like this. I need my steps to count! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have similar issues.  Cant resolve them at all very frustrating 

Best Answer

Have you solved this issue yet? I have been trying to get this resolved on my Fitbit Alta as well. Thanks!

Best Answer

Hi.  

I have the same issue in that my Fitbit stops working even though the battery is at 75%.  I've tried rebooting it but it hasn't fixed it.  What can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem as SherKil & M-1.  My Alta stops working once it gets to 75%.  I have restarted several times but the problem still exists. Please advise how to fix

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem as M1- & SherKil & others.  My Alta stops working when it get to 75%.  Per your suggestion, I have tried RESTARTING several times & the problem still exists.  This is a brand new Alta, my 3rd since 2016 & I have never experienced this problem before. What can I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am having the same problem as SherKil & M-1. My Alta stops working once
it gets to 75%. I have restarted several times but the problem still
exists. Please advise how to fix
Best Answer

I am having the same issue as the posters above. My Fitbit is 87% charged and it just randomly stopped functioning. AGAIN. This has been going on for almost a year, although it's been worse lately. I have to have my charger with me at all times, in order to reset it. Very frustrating. I called Customer Service about this last week and they had no answers. Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SherKil @JulyMom2x @WendyBur  I'm having the same issue as all of you... I suspect it could be the fitbit app or firmware.

Question for you all: what smartphone (and version of the os) are you using with your fitbit?
I use an iphone X on ios 14 and it seems like fitbit is only supporting ios15 onwards.

Best Answer
0 Votes