Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta was left in a pocket in the dryer (it did not go through the wash). Can it be saved?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Alta HR was left in a pants pocket and spent some time in the dryer (it did not go through the wash). Can it be saved?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

You tell us.  Does it still work?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

I once had a zip that survived an entire wash and dry cycle.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@j73  all you can do is clean all the connectors and see if it works. These devices can't handle extreme heat, so that might be a concern. Like @JohnnyRow posted - does it still work?

@SunsetRunner  the Zip is not the same as the Alta HR. The Zip had a button battery and the Alta HR has a built in battery that can't be replaced. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm well aware that Alta is very different than the Zip. Actually i own both an Alta and an Alta HR, still working (although the second has very poor battery after a very good and honorable service) but are now retired. My comment was only to praise the robustness of the Fitbit trackers also considering that luckily @j73 Alta got "only" the dry cycle. So I'm hopefully positive it's still working.

Best Answer
0 Votes