Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta won't pair or sync to my new iPhone 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a new iPhone 13 with IOS 15 and my Fitbit Alta is not showing up. I tried removing the device and set up as new device but it isn’t finding it. I tried turning off the Bluetooth and back on but didn’t find the Alta. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @jecarlson80. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Alta before reaching out. 

As @SteveH has mentioned, it seems that your Fitbit device cannot connect properly to your new phone since you haven't yet forgotten the connection between your watch and the old phone's Bluetooth which would explain the connectivity issues you're running into. With that said, try the steps below: 

• Unpair your Alta from your old phone's Bluetooth and also from the new phone.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your new phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your Alta again.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Alta.

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Do you still have your old phone? If so, it might be that there is still a bluetooth connection that's blocking connection to your new phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @jecarlson80. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Alta before reaching out. 

As @SteveH has mentioned, it seems that your Fitbit device cannot connect properly to your new phone since you haven't yet forgotten the connection between your watch and the old phone's Bluetooth which would explain the connectivity issues you're running into. With that said, try the steps below: 

• Unpair your Alta from your old phone's Bluetooth and also from the new phone.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your new phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your Alta again.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Alta.

Hope that helps. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, that worked. @MarreFitbit @SteveH 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jecarlson80 Awesome! I'm glad to hear that the steps recommended did the trick. 

I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Best Answer
0 Votes