Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta won’t stay on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Alta has a full charge and won’t stay on. I’ve restarted it twice and it won’t stop turning off. Is there anything else I can try?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @YesiB and @FitFlam, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums!

@YesiB thank you for your efforts to resolve the issue. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them and that they were able to help you. I appreciate your time and efforts. 

@FitFlam I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned that you already have a case with them, please continue working with them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
34 REPLIES 34

Hello @Skilker,  thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board!

Thank you for sharing the details of the issue you're having with your Alta display turning off. I appreciate your efforts to resolve this by doing a restart and making sure it has a full charge. To avoid any confusion, I would like to confirm that the screen on Fitbit Alta is dimmed when not in use. It wakes up automatically when you turn your wrist towards you (known as Quick View), or you can double-tap your tracker where the display meets the band as shown below.

Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution, just keep an eye on your inbox for further assistance.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get this resolved?  Mine is doing the same thing.  Full Charge but won't turn on other than to tell me it's fully charged and ready to go right when I take it off of the charger.

Best Answer

Hi @kkrup2001, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums!

Thank you for joining the conversation and sharing the difficulty you're experiencing with your Fitbit Alta's display. If you haven't done so, I'd like you to restart your device as described in this help article. This will refresh your device internally. Please monitor your tracker during the next 24 hours and let me know how it goes.

Please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Restarting my Fitbit Alta worked! Thank you so much!
Best Answer

Hi @kkrup2001, thank you for your reply!

I am glad to hear the restart worked for you! Thank you for your time and feedback. If possible, I recommend marking the answer given as a solution. By doing this, other users with the same inquiry will be able to find a faster response.

Have you checked our Discussions board? There you can share your story, find some fitness tips, recipes and more! Give it a look!

Best of luck with your health and wellness goals. Keep on visiting the forums! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I am having the same trouble. Fitbit Alta has charged correctly.  Works when in the charging cradle.  Once you take it off it stops working.

Please help

Best Answer

Hello @FitFlam, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board! I am sorry for the delayed response. 

Thank you for joining the conversation and sharing your experience. Have you tried already to restart your device? 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah, still won’t stay on.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi @Skilker, thank you for your reply. 

Thank you for letting me know that the issue persists. I appreciate your efforts to resolve it. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned that you already have a case with them, please continue working with them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi , im having the same issue i already try to restart my alta works for minutes and then turns off again HELP!

Best Answer

Thanks YesiB.
Fitbit, can you help!

Thanks for the reply. Yes, a number of times.  It just will not work when it is not connected to a power source.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @YesiB and @FitFlam, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums!

@YesiB thank you for your efforts to resolve the issue. Upon checking with our Support team, I was told that you have already contacted them and that they were able to help you. I appreciate your time and efforts. 

@FitFlam I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned that you already have a case with them, please continue working with them. I know they will be glad to help you out and provide you a solution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
well they basically cant do anything for me so they just give me a discount
to buy a new one.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @YesiB , thank you for your reply. 

Thank you for sharing your experience with Customer Support. I am sure they tried to help you in the best possible manner, each case is reviewed individually and a solution that's being provided is based on the Fitbit Warranty. I hope that the discount will help to keep you in the Fitbit family. If you would like to take a look at our latest models, you can take our quiz on http://www.fitbit.com/compare to see which device meets your needs best.

Looking forward to seeing you around the forums! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. I have reset it at least 5 times. It shows a full charge when I plug it in, but when I wear it, it will only last about 3-4 hours then turn off. These Fitbits were given to us by my work and are only about 2 to 3 months old. What is the next step to get it repaired?

Best Answer

If yours is that new it should still be under warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @Leval5150 ! It's nice to see you around @kkrup2001

@Leval5150 thank you for your efforts to resolve the issue you're experiencing with your Alta tracker. I appreciate the information that you received the tracker through your work. Since the steps you tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support team, for them to take a deeper look at this and check your warranty options. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

@kkrup2001 thank you for your input!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called fit bit today and the customer service rep helped me out. My fit bit is still under warranty and I am getting it replaced. Great customer service! Thank You!

Best Answer

I don't have a button to reset mine on my charge cord (it's a replacement as my original fell apart). Advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes