Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta won't work unless it's connected to the charger

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

help please... Fitbit alta won't work unless plugged into charger?! Tried to restart but nothing.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there, @FlavioBeato. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Alta before posting here. 

If you haven't done so yet, please see Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s not that and I have this problem too. My battery is fully functional. It works almost perfectly if it’s plugged in, then the second I take it out it becomes completely useless. Shame really. I’ve been looking at all of these YouTube videos but nothing seems to work

Best Answer

Hi there, @Leigh1003. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Alta HR before reaching out. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products into consideration.

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Flavio... I had this same issue. I hadnt used my fitbit in quite some time.  Charged it up, and battery shows full, but blank when off charger. Tried restarting and that didnt help.  Logged into the app and did an Update, and that solved the problem.  Had to keep my fitbit by my phone to complete the update...but it didnt take long.

Hope this helps!

Merry

Best Answer

Hi there, @Merrykay. Thanks for stopping by and sharing the steps that worked for you. 🙂 I'm glad to hear you're back on track. 

I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Best Answer