Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta won't work unless it's connected to the charger

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit is charged. When I take it off the charger and put it on my wrist it won’t turn on. It only turns on if I plug it back I to the charger. Is there anything I can do y

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @Kansaskarla. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Alta. 

As a first approach, I'd recommend restarting your Alta. For instructions, click here

If the issue persists, please see Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there, @Kansaskarla. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided in your post about the issue with your Alta. 

As a first approach, I'd recommend restarting your Alta. For instructions, click here

If the issue persists, please see Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

Hope that helps. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Me, too - I even tried leaving it on the charger overnight.  I was thinking of a Versa, but this situation has knocked my confidence in the fitbit products.

Best Answer

Hello, @JSB123. Welcome on board. We‘re taking your comments and sentiments in regards to our products into consideration.

If you haven't done so yet, I suggest following the recommendations I provided here.

Hope that does the trick for you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the steps you had mentioned, it's still not turning on when is off charger. Does this mean it's end of life ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cadust Welcome on board. I appreciate you had followed the tips and recommendations provided above.

At this moment, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes