Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta won't work unless it's connected to the charger

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone.  My Alta will not stay on.  I put it to charge and once I take it off the charger it turns off, won't sync, basically useless.  Any ideas?  I just got off the phone with support, guy said I needed the original charger in order to reset it.  I don't have the original charger it died soon after I bought the Fitbit so I got a new one but this charger does not have the reset button.  A little frustrated 🥴

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @B3rlin there's no substitute for the original charger. You could check with some authorized retailers to see if they happen to have one still in stock. Since the Alta is no longer being made, the chargers are scarce. Without it, you can't restart your Alta and that is something that is important to be able to do with any of the Fitbit styles. Might be time to look at the different Fitbits out there.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for this information

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer

You r charger might not be working. The knockoffs are cheap but they die relatively quickly. But you should get one from the manufacturer in order to be able to reset it

Best Answer

Hello! Maybe you could help me? My Alta is fully charged but will only work when plugged into the mains and attached to its original charger. I’ve clicked the button three times a few times and that helped it to start up but the moment I take it off charge it dies. 
I’d be very grateful for any ideas anyone might have. 
I don’t want to lose my Alta! 

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem. My previous Alta died after 6 years. I got a new one 3 days ago and it wouldn’t work off the charger. I returned it an got another one today and it does the same thing.  I’ve talked to support and they were no help. Kept saying to reset it which I did. 

Best Answer
Sorry you are having this issue, hope you can get a refund

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer
0 Votes
Try Support again - I honestly have found them helpful. Has anyone tried cleaning the metal connectors on the charger and the Fitbit - the mat might work? I think my poor Alta HR has had its chips to be honest but if you have a new one, definitely get a refund.
Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @DK8387  not sure where you found a new Alta since they were discontinued a few years ago. When these have been retired, it's safe to think the battery is old, even if it's not been used. All you can do is try to restart it and charge it. Other than that, I agree with @Piggely and you should get a refund, if possible.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes