Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta wristband connectors

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Good morning, all!

I want to start making my own wristbands for my Alta. The only thing stopping me is the wristband connector to the Alta.

Does anyone know of a source for various kinds of connectors that fit the Alta and have different connections for wristband materials?

Thanks!

Gregg

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

@gregg.hughes It's great to have you aboard in our Fitbit Community! Regarding your question, I don't have information about where to buy connectors for wristbands. We don't sell these parts separately. I would like to know if you had issues with your Alta's wristband. Please take a look at Matthew's post which explains how to fasten the wristband correctly.

Let me know if more questions arise my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I want to know this too! I'm searching everywhere! If I could just get the clasps I could make a band that doesn't break out my skin! 😞

I'm also a die-hard diy-er Fitbit is missing a huge audience by not offering these to buy!

Best Answer

Sometimes people just want to do their own thing. I prefer this - though my skin isn't liking the metal you use in your bands. I've made my own clasp covers to deal with the metal where the band connects to the fitbit, but I would really appreciate if you could by the clasps/clips/connectors or whatever you'd like to call them so I can use materials I know are fine on my skin and have the options and variety Fitbit will never be able to offer.

Best Answer

Hi, I totally agree! I love Fitbit Alta but want to make the bands prettier. You must know where to get replacement parts, there are Fitbit Alta bands all over eBay and Amazon, so where are these folks getting their latches?

Best Answer

I wish I knew. I've asked a couple and no one has answered. 😞 Maybe one day 😉

So far the best I've found is buying a Paracord band off Amazon then repurposing the clips, but that's unnecessarily expensive

Best Answer

I’ve done the same thing with a paracord band!

Best Answer

I did find connectors for the Fitbit watch, they connect to the Alta but do not lock, I can pull it right off with out pressing the release latch and the place where you would make your band has the little bar you have to insert, like you would for regular watches. There are some people saying they have the connectors but they are for the Fitbit watch, so if your thinking of buying said connectors look at the connectors closely. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I want to tie my own paracord for my Alta HR also has anyone found the connector yet?

Best Answer
Only if you by a Paracord band from Amazon.... yeah, counter productive,
but that's the only what o know to get the connectors right now.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I am still looking for them, I haven’t given up.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree there has to be a source out there. I too have issues with contact dermatitis from my FitBit HR. I am currently in contact with a gentlemen on Etsy who is going to make one for me using paracord. When I contacted him originally he told me is getting ready to add Alta HR bands to his shop. 

The name of the shop is Cording2U. 

I know a number of response have mentioned making your own band, but for me, I just want something I can use that won’t make the underside of my wrist itch so much. Maybe later I can find parts, but not atm. 

Best Answer

Thanks! I messaged the shop on Etsy, hoping he offers them soon. I have intermittent itchy issues with all FitBit plastic or whatever it is. Someone should grind a band upand analyze it with a spectrometer to find out what they're made of.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I found those watch connectors but like you said don't see them working. I bought a cord one on Amazon for $20 but it's a grommet tie and constantly comes loose. I have been thinking about cutting off the cord and making something decent with the $20 connectors LOL. I'd rather keep it as a "spare" and find a paracord one I like. There is another on shop on Etsy KARECrafts but the shop is closed maybe for holidays?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Obviously they do sell the connectors separately, or there wouldn't be all these companies making paracord bands & jewelry bands for them.  I found the connectors and the photo shows that they have the locking spring thingy.   banggood.com 

I haven't ordered them yet but probably will get at least one pair to play with.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up buying the black mesh replacement bands & using the connectors from them. I have a leather bracelet from Ireland that I’ve modified to wear as a Fitbit band. Thanks for the info.

Take care,
Lisa
lctmet@rit.edu
Best Answer
0 Votes

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD it was next to impossible to make a fscking account on this site!  Trying to link to either gmail or facebook resulted in the site not accepting either password, then it wouldn't let me use the e-mail associated with either because "an account already exists!" UGH

Anyway... I found metal end clips on etsy, but can't find the store again to save my life. They sold these end clips for $20: https://www.etsy.com/listing/541449205/dark-brown-genuine-leather-bracelet-for?ga_order=most_relevan...

And here you can buy plastic ends, $6/ea before S/H: https://www.shapeways.com/product/3R8GPQDGH/side-clip-for-fitbit-alta-one-clip-only?optionId=6192821...

Not sure how great they are, but I think I'm gonna grab a pair in black and find out!  Best of luck. Let me know if you find others.  I'd love to just be able to buy the end clip that comes with the ~$12 metal bands for sell on Amazon.

Best Answer
Thank you for the heads up!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I really want to thank you for your perseverance and taking the time to
post your comments. I am still very interested in finding the clips for the
fitbit alta too. Let me know how the side clips work out for you, I might
just try them if your efforts on those clips work.

Again thanks for posting. 🤗
Best Answer

Thanks for taking the time to let us know. Please let me know if they work. I might just order them too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes