Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alta wristband connectors

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Good morning, all!

I want to start making my own wristbands for my Alta. The only thing stopping me is the wristband connector to the Alta.

Does anyone know of a source for various kinds of connectors that fit the Alta and have different connections for wristband materials?

Thanks!

Gregg

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45

I've been looking for these for so long! I bought a pair, will try them and let everyone know how they work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay, unfortunately the clips from Shapeways DO NOT fit.  It's really a shame because I like how small they are.  Luckily Shapeways has a money back guarantee.

Fitbit clip.GIF

These are less expensive to buy anyway: Amazon band with clips for $13

I just wish they were smaller so that more of my band would be visible on my wrist.

Best Answer

Hi Gregg. I'm still looking for a better choice but found these on Wish. 

I took the thin paracord off and used them with elastic hair ties for a quick change. I hope this link works for the image.

https://goo.gl/images/K7jQ94

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! 

So, after some searching I have found a few websites to purchase the band connectors. I have only found the metal version so far, but plan on continuing in my search for those coveted plastic connectors. 

I have not purchased connectors from any of these sites so far, so I do not know if they work but I wanted to let everyone know the effort has not been futile! 

https://www.gearbest.com/smart-watch-accessories/pp_936401.html?wid=1433363&currency=USD&vip=4264393...

https://www.tinydeal.com/Watch-Lugs-Connectors-Clasps-Stainless-Steel-Replaceable-Watch-Band-Connect...

https://www.banggood.com/Replacement-Metal-Watch-Band-Connector-for-Fitbit-Alta-Fitbit-Alta-HR-p-120...

If anyone buys these and has success, please be sure to let me know!

Best Answer

JuanJo, my friend,

I found the easiest solution after Fitbit agreeably "fixed" a broken connector by sending me a brand new bracelet. Completely ridiculous and wasteful. I don't wear the new bracelet because I'm concerned it will break. My easy solution to curb the cluster of waste of time, patience, resources and wondering why there seems to be no effort being made to resolve what appears to be a simple supply chain issue - my solution is to stop purchasing or recommending Fitbit products or accessories. The message you send with dismissal of this issue is that I can be dismissed just as easily. 

That's pretty lousy marketing...

And, JuanJoFitbit? Your response to a genuine inquiry was "We don't sell that part. Did you have issues with your wristband? [Duh, that's why he wrote to you.] And then you offer to have someone else expliain how to fasten the band - implying that the customer was negligent and your poorly designed connectors aren't to blame for anything. 

Dunderhead

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, fellow Fitbit & Fitbit Alta connector-searchers! This is really frustrating but I think, obvious. Fitbit does not want us to create our own bands. Imagine if they were customer-focused and had a site to purchase all the craft materials to create your own band; they could rake in the $$$. Wouldn't all of us who are searching for parts be overjoyed to purchase connectors, beads, yarn/string/roping, jewelry-like trims, etc.? All from one place? Guaranteed to fit the Fitbit module?

I have to agree that Fitbit is screwing us over. They take our money for this activity tracker and then spit in our faces when we ask for help in enhancing their product. 

Search for "alternatives to fitbit" on the Internet and find the myriad of other activity trackers that actually care about their customers.

Best Answer

Hey guys!

I must've gotten misprinted connectors from Shapeways: the new connectors they sent, free of charge, fit really well!  They're a bit pricey, but a great option to show off your home-made band.  Here's mine:

fitbit.PNG

Best Answer

Your post caught my attention cause I want to make my own Paracord band. The base of the face has these ends on it. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT THERE CALLED. Someone PLEASE HELLO ME OUT HERE. I'm new to Fitbit and will get mine on the 9th. I'm just getting all info I can. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.TIA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Greg I'm with you on this making your own band with Paracord. With all the Paracord stuff I have I've been trying to figure out where to buy just the connector.I want to make my own!! After searching everywhere I came across this site called banggood... I've NEVER heard of this app but I'm seriously gonna download from play store and purchase.... Hopefully I'll have some luck with it and probably start selling them myself lol. Have a good day

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the idea. I'll check it out. Please let me know if you find them.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

So I’ve got a FitBit Charge 2, not an Alta, but I found an Etsy shop that has connectors for both. They’re $14.99 for one set. I just ordered them so I haven’t tried them yet, but they’ve got five star reviews so far.

Just a heads up though, they don’t have plain silver connectors for the Alta... There’s three different designs to choose from. They’re not ugly though, they’re actually kinda cool. If you’re looking for these so you can make your own band for comfort, it shouldn’t be a concern.

Here’s the link:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GemologyBoutique?ref=l2-shop-header-avatar

Best Answer
Thanks! 😊

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I saw some on Etsy.  Haven't ordered any, so can't vouch for quality.  The ones I saw had some designs on them, but didn't see any plain ones.  Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just ordered some from Gearbest.  Haven't received them yet, so dont know if they work.  Maybe someone who makes bands will sell you a couple?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I, too, want to make my own wristbands. I ordered some connectors from Etsy. Here's another option: I have this band that I ordered from wish.com. It is only $6 (incl. shipping) and can be easily taken apart. Just note that it is shipped from China and make take a couple of weeks to arrive.

https://www.wish.com/wishlist/5b778c051300206640d47280/product/5aeac26073a5a148aa29fafc

Best Answer
0 Votes

Brilliant idea. Their wrist bands are useless. Good luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you ☺

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Off topic, but love your user name, Harper-Menolly.  One of my fav book series!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks!
Anne McCaffrey was the best!
I've been reading her work for 44 years.
Pern is an amazing world. 💗

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

The strap connectors on the Fitbit Alta HR keep breaking. I have been through 3 replacement bands in 1 year of owning my Fitbit Alta HR. Cannot believe how terrible the little plastic bits are holding it in the clip. I pretty much keep my Fitbit on all day and only take it off when taking a shower. It does not seem rugged enough. Not too happy about replacing my bands all the time, the bands cost almost as much as the device at this stage. Not happy with the quality (or lack thereof).

Best Answer
0 Votes