Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App and dashboard showing different max heart rates

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I posted this before but nobody answered. Anyone there from Fitbit? The app on my iPhone and the dashboard show different maximum heart rates when I take a walk. For example, today I had a half hour walk. The app showed my max heart rate as 120, on the dashboard it was over 140 for the same walk. Does anyone know which is right? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SL51   You can see your heart rate in two places on the web dashboard.  There is a tile called the Activity + Stats tile.  It's the one that lets you choose among heart rate, steps, distance, etc.  It uses a five minute interval.  If you are looking at a heart rate trace in an activity's exercise details, that trace shows data over one second.  Those details should be the closest to what your see on your Fitbit when you see the exercise summary on the Fitbit screen at the end of a workout.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@SL51   Your post is a little confusing.  The Today screen on your iPhone is your mobile app dashboard.  By dashboard, do you mean your web dashboard?  I'm not sure which two graphs you are comparing.  But I can say this.  The daily heart rate graph on your iPhone gives a heart rate that is averaged over five minutes.  If you were looking at exercise details on your iPhone, the heart rate was averaged over one minute.  It's a display difference.  Peaks and valleys are smoothed out in the daily heart rate trace.

Note: Fitbit is updating pages in the mobile app.  This answer might not apply to the new changes.  If this doesn't answer your question, please ask it a different way.  Please clarify the two graphs you are comparing.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for replying. Yes, I am comparing the mobile app with the web dashboard. So if I interpret what you say correctly the web dashboard will show a more accurate maximum heart rate, even if that only happens for a minute? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SL51   You can see your heart rate in two places on the web dashboard.  There is a tile called the Activity + Stats tile.  It's the one that lets you choose among heart rate, steps, distance, etc.  It uses a five minute interval.  If you are looking at a heart rate trace in an activity's exercise details, that trace shows data over one second.  Those details should be the closest to what your see on your Fitbit when you see the exercise summary on the Fitbit screen at the end of a workout.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

Many thanks for your comprehensive reply. I now understand! 

Best Answer