Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling customer services, well actually no customer service

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Oh wow! What has happened to Fitbit?... I've been a happy customer for years and always received help and support and been able to email them.

.... I wrote the following to Fitbit support today and received an email stating that Fitbit Support was no longer available...

"Hi

Spent nearly 45 minutes yesterday on chat asking how to turn AUTOSYNC off.

My query was not really answered for sbout 30 minutes.

The solution is not practical. I need bluetooth on for other things not just Fitbit. Turning it off is not an option.

Why have you apparently disabled autosync.

Yesterday I had to charge my Fitbit 3 times. Not really useful when it is my watch as well. Luckily I was home and available so could re charge it.

If this continues sadly I will have to say goodbye to Fitbit. You have served me well over the years but if I cannot even wear the device for straight 24 hours then I'm afraid it will not serve me."

Can anyone help me turn this auto sync off?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @JanieSW , Customer Support is still available, however it seems they have removed the email function.  You can still telephone Support or use the live online chat.  You can see all the options on this link: Contact.Fitbit.com .

As you have noticed, the app used to have an option to turn all day sync on or off.  That was removed quite some time ago as syncing does not have significant impact on battery life.  Unfortunately it is likely that your Fitbit’s battery is coming to the end of its useful life, as the Alta is now quite an old device.  As I am sure you are aware, all rechargeable batteries have a limited life span.  It is probably this and not the all day sync that is the reason for short battery life.

You can prevent your device from syncing when not required if you log out of your Fitbit app.  This will mean you don’t get notifications, however.  In order to get notifications on your Fitbit (calls, texts, etc) you must be logged in.

I am sorry not to have a better solution for you.  Welcome to the Community Forums.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Thanks Julia.

Fitbit died totally, very sad day.

Not sure what watch route I'm taking yet.

Appreciate you taking the time to reply. 

Best Answer

@JanieSW , so sorry to hear that 😥.   If you do decide to go for another Fitbit I think the new Inspire 3 looks great.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer