Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRING BACK ALTA HR

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone else feel this way? Is the Community the right place to tell Fitbit that the new Inspire is not an adequate replacement for Alta HR which was yes, very annoying to tap instead of getting to press a button to turn off alarms & such, but also SO MUCH classier looking. The Inspire looks stupid with a Milanese band. It's like looking at a child in heels. Fix the Alta HR by making it lighter and adding a button. Then it would be perfect. Boo cheap looking Inspire without a single clock face that has both the time, day of the week and date. I don't even like the font for the clock face options. I just bought another Alta HR just in case the product line is never revived. Next stop is investing in an actual smartwatch because there's no reason whatsoever to purchase a Versa when you get a smartwatch from Apple or Galaxy and probably Google eventually which is where I'll head next. Alta HR could be dressed up not to look exceedingly cheap, still give me my stats, without costing so much that I actually started feeling demanding about function range. It was the almost perfect device for my needs and I will join the stampede of diminishing Fitbit market share if an Alta HR or replica (not the chintzy Inspire) isn't in the works. Just sayin'. Don't say I didn't warn ya'.      

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's the only good looking fitbit. I would like the brightness fixed so I can read it in daylight. How about 4 taps for extra bright? Font size is fine and I wear reading glasses. I don't care about a button either way, (extra long push for extra bright?). I finally bought a fitbit when I saw the Alta HR on a friend. I wear it exclusively even though I can't read it in daylight. I don't see another fitbit I'd wear

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

I just bought an Alta HR from Amazon, when I noticed that it wasn't available directly from Fitbit.

Best Answer

It's the only good looking fitbit. I would like the brightness fixed so I can read it in daylight. How about 4 taps for extra bright? Font size is fine and I wear reading glasses. I don't care about a button either way, (extra long push for extra bright?). I finally bought a fitbit when I saw the Alta HR on a friend. I wear it exclusively even though I can't read it in daylight. I don't see another fitbit I'd wear

Best Answer

Totally agree - I have had MANY different Fitbit models over the years ... I truly am a dedicated Fitbit user. The Alta was my absolute favorite ... it was slim, modern and streamlined. I was so sad that it was discontinued instead of having an update like most of the other models. I bought an Inspire and hated everything about it. I didn't like the swipe screen, I didn't like the new band style, I hated the bulbous rounded part at the back of the face ... so it no longer sat beautifully sleek and flush on the wrist. The way the bands connect to the face is almost impossible to remove them when you want to swap out band colors. I was so upset and disappointed that I took the Inspire back for a refund. My Alta is a few years old now, and is struggling to sync sometimes. I am stuck deciding whether to buy another Alta on Ebay or Amazon, as those are the only retailers still selling them ..... or switch to a completely different brand of tracker. I feel as if Fitbit has sunk all their time and energy into making and upgrading the Smart watches and neglected those patrons who just want a straight up tracker. The smart watches are way too big for my small wrists .... please please please ... bring back the Alta .... the Inspire is definitely NOT a suitable replacement, and Fitbit is going to lose super dedicated Fitbit users like myself. 

Best Answer

YES to all of this! 

Best Answer

Agree 100%! I just bought - and already returned - an Inspire 2 because the band mechanism is a nightmare. I found a new Alta HR on Amazon and snapped it up. I have had a regular Alta for about five years and love everything about it except I decided I wanted the HR version. Fitbit, PLEASE bring the Alta and Alta HR back! And while you're at it, retire that Inspire 2 band mechanism with the nightmare pins.

Best Answer

Hi @MaryBoomer66  you see how old this thread is? September 2019. I just replaced my Alta HR with the new Luxe. It has a brighter colorful screen and the band is buttery soft. As for the Alta HR you got on Amazon, be sure to find out if it has a warranty. Not all devices sold on Amazon are from authorized retailers and have a warranty. I did love my Alta HR, but after just a few minutes with the Luxe, it's fast becoming my favorite. It really does have a much brighter screen if that is a concern for you. The band works well, too.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Thanks for the info! Yes, I did see how old the thread was, but figured I'd give a shout-out to Fitbit anyway. 🙂

Best Answer

I wanted to come back to thank you - the Alta HR I purchased was a bust, so I did some research on the Luxe based on your recommendation. I ended up buying it and absolutely love it! Thanks again!

Best Answer

@MaryBoomer66  thanks for the happy news. I really liked my Alta HR, but the Luxe is really exactly what it's named - luxurious. It's perfect. While you're on the forums, see the link in my signature for other areas to post and read. People share tips, recipes, and more. Community thrives here.

Best Answer

I MISS my Alta.  The Inspire has too many bells and whistles.  You can't view your sleep until you se it on the phone first.  WHY??   I will check out there Luxe.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree with others' comments. After wearing out 2 Flexes over 3 years, I've had the Alta HR since July 2017. I like everything about it other than I'm unable to read the display in broad daylight. Didn't know the Alta HR had been discontinued and might buy a new one from Amazon before this one ears out. Sounds as if the newer models are more than I need and are ugly in appearance. I'm an old man (age 82), and don't have or want a smart phone but just want to be able to accurately log my distance. 

I had both hips replaced in 2009 and now walk 4-5 miles most days.  I got the Pole to Pole badge several years ago and have walked 18,209.44 miles as of today. By 2025 or 2026, if I live that long, I will have walked the equivalent of around the world.  Fitbit needs to add an Around the World Badge!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Absolutely agree. It's the only Fitbit I've been happy with. I have smaller wrist & like the thinner bands. It had all the features needed & the battery lasted. I finally upgraded to the charge 5 & I hate it!  I've only had it since Xmas.  It's not accurate at all. The battery life is horrible. I even ordered thinner bands. I wouldve bought another alta HR. I was bummed to see the lack of anywhere to get a new one. This is the 3rd Fitbit I tried that's supposed to be " better" but they are losing a loyal customer & I don't feel any new products have held up like the alta had. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Charlie1940   I understand why you like the Alta HR so much.  But you will waste your money if you buy one, even if it is in its original packaging.  Rechargeable batteries degrade over time, even when they have never been used.  There are many posts from users who bought a discontinued device only to find it has a dead battery.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks for the advice Laurie. Which of the 3 Fitbits you list do you recommend that would best fit my needs based on my comments in my original post?  I particularly like that after 5+ years I can still go 7 days between charges with the Alta HR.

Charlie

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Charlie1940   Fitbit changed its requirements with the newer models.  You can’t set them up or sync on a computer.  You must have a smartphone or tablet.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
Thank you. I do have a smart phone. I have transferred to the Lux now and
it’s OK. I think I’m getting used to it.
Best Answer

@kathym49  to help you get used to it, here is the link for the Luxe area where you'll find helpful articles and the user manual - click to go there

Best Answer
0 Votes