Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Symbol with Exclamation Mark

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Alta suddenly stopped working and now just has a battery symbol with an exclamation mark in the middle. Can anyone help?

Best Answer
72 REPLIES 72

My Alta Is Doinf The Exact Same Thing And Ive Gone Through All These Steps. Guess I Should Have Gotten A Smart Watch Instead. FitBit Update Was More Like A Downgrade. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem and I went to my account and it was still syncing. As soon as I went to that still syncing, it went through and now works 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I trued charging it it didn’t work

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi noahaman

what is your Fitbit actually doing also what model do you own so I can assist you further

Best Answer
0 Votes
It just has a battery with !
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hold the reset button which is located on the USB charger for roughly 5secs it will reset your Fitbit

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I will try

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Noahaman, welcome on board. Hi @Tikki7, thanks for stepping by. 

@Noahaman I'm sorry for the delayed response, and I'll help you out with your concern. May I know if your Alta stays on when you unplugged it? Also, have you tried charging it other USB ports and a UL-certified USB adapters?

In the meantime, please try restarting your Alta, by pressing the button three times within a few seconds. If you see the Fitbit logo, that means it was restarted. Also, try cleaning the gold contacts on the back of the tracker and charging cable with a toothbrush and rubbing alcohol.

Let me know how it goes!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I restarted it but it wouldn’t turn on
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @NoahamanIt’s nice to see you around!

I appreciate you for trying our suggestions and letting me know the outcome. I've gone ahead to inform our Support Team about this concern, and they'll contact you via email as shortly. Keep an eye to your inbox!

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Done it and now charging. Didn’t even know there was a button on charger. Thanks 

Best Answer

Hi @Susimo, welcome on board. It's good that the community is growing! 

I'm glad to hear that your Alta is now working correctly. Although it shouldn't happen again, now you know how to restart it. Let me invite you to our Discussion Board where you can make new friends, create topics and share your experience while reaching your goals.

Catch you later!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem but with info here and a few other spots, I think I got the exclamation mark resolved and got it recharged. That ! mark came up a couple days after my recent hip replacement which was really poor timing as I very much wanted to follow my sleep and heart rate to watch how either were connected to pain and try to stay on top of things using them. So after a couple weeks thinking it was just dead, I finally found this and a few other threads on how to revive it.

Now after cleaning the contacts (alcohol & q-tip), charging it fully and resetting it twice and being so hopeful I'd have my tool back, it's giving me a BPM of 120 - 145 which is at least 60-80 BPM higher than my norm and also the half dozen times I've manually taken my rate today to check it wasn't really that high (not doing much with this new hip at the moment!). This ultra high reading is after almost 19 months of accurate readings double checked at home and at my doctor's office.

Of course this issue is also causing erroneously huge numbers of active minutes and tons of calories burned. Even worse, I put it on before going to bed last night (in the normal 3 fingers above the wrist position) and it gave me simple sleep readings claiming I only got 1 hr 57 min with nearly 5 hours of awake/restless time.

REALLY, really disappointed for something that is not even 2 years old to just give up, especially when I need it now more than ever. I thought it would be such a help for me as I work daily on rehabbing my hip. It's too hot to walk outside here now but regardless I'm down to counting and recording floor tiles for my walks as I cannot rely on my Fitbit and who knows how good the sleep was with a ridiculous report like this one. Really thought I could use this to try to for the best baselines conditions to help promote healing. 

Can anyone help me figure out how to re-calibrate so it reads correctly again?

Best Answer

Hi @KatISD, welcome back to the Community. I'm sorry for my delayed response.

I appreciate you for sharing detailed information about your Alta HR, and thanks for the steps that you've tried prior posting. I understand how important and helpful is to get accurate information, and I'm sorry that you've had this experience with the heart rate readings. Since this shouldn't happen, I contacted our Support Team and they informed me that you already have a case created. They'll keep working with you via email, so keep an eye on your inbox.

If you have another question, feel free to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can I restart my Fitbit it won’t do nothing but show the exclamation Symbol

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem, here's how I solved it. I updated the "Fitbit" app on my iPhone and now it's charging! Hope this helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Dajb and @JB47. Welcome to the Forums. I'm sorry for my delay.

@Dajb, thanks for letting me know that your Blaze is having this behavior. Although it keeps showing the exclamation mark could you please try restarting it by holding the left and bottom right buttons together for 10 seconds? Besides that, make sure to clean the contacts on the Blaze and charging cable, as well to charge it by plugging the charging cable into a USB port on your computer, a UL-certified USB wall charger, or another low-energy device. Let me know how it goes.

@JB47, I'm glad that your Blaze is now charging and thanks for sharing the steps that you've tried on your own. Good job!

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It will work just keep doing the pressing of the three buttons.  I unplugged mine and did it at least three time and it started charging again.  I had let my battery drain till it would not come on at all.  Didnt mean to but went off for the weekend.  It is charging now.

Thanks,

Mike

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Mn3wt0n21. Welcome to the Forums and I'm sorry for my delay.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing the steps that worked on your Blaze. I'm glad that yours is now charging and I'm sure others will find your post very helpful! In case you have some spare time, I’d like to invite you to visit our Discussion Board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

If there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me, but only after I pressed button 3 times in rapid succession---no breaks in between...Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes