Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Symbol with Exclamation Mark

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Alta suddenly stopped working and now just has a battery symbol with an exclamation mark in the middle. Can anyone help?

Best Answer
72 REPLIES 72

None of this worked in mine so, had to get a new watch

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Rozemail. Welcome to the Forums. @Noahaman, it's good to see you here. I'm sorry for my delayed response.

@Rozemail, thanks for sharing the steps tried to get your Alta working again. @Noahaman, while the steps didn't work for you I'm glad that you were able to receive a new Fitbit. You both did a great job and I'm sure you'll continue reaching many goals!

In case you have some spare time, I’d like to invite you to visit our Discussion Board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted.

Catch you later. 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no button on the back of my charger

Best Answer

Mine is the Alta Fitbit. There is a black recessed button on the USB charge . With the Fitbit connected press the reset button 3 times real fast. 

Best Answer

Hi @Dencuddy, welcome on board. @Mn3wt0n21, it's good to see you here again and thanks for your big help!

@Dencuddy, thanks for joining this thread and as our friend @Mn3wt0n21 mentioned the button is on the USB end of the charging cable. Please take a look to this picture shared by @wtksk8r and once you find it try restarting your Fitbit. If your tracker keeps showing a battery symbol on its screen, reply back to this thread so I can continue working on this with you.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried restarting my Fitbit Alta numerous times over the past few days, and it is still only showing the exclamation mark. Please help. Thank you!

Best Answer
Hi, if you just leave it to charge for a couple of hours or so rather than trying to restart it. This has worked for me but It may need syncing after as the time may not be correct when charged.Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you rapidly pressed the reset button then, stop it usually will start charging. You may have to press it several times. 

Do it till it doesn't have the exclamation mark on the screen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you both for taking the time to reply! I've tried both of these suggestions, neither is working to this point unfortunately. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine did the same thing (along with the green lights being on bright and the display screen going black). I tried all of the troubleshooting ideas to no avail.   It is 13 months old.  I contacted support and they basically told me to purchase a new one with the 25% discount.  They said the tracker should last longer than a year, but I must have had a defective one.  Reading the support forums, I’m one of several with the same problem.  I will not be purchasing another Fitbit as I have no desire to replace the device at my expense every year.    

Best Answer

I have tried the trouble shooting and my device still has the exclamation mark

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same problem. Did the button press 3 times on my charger. It restarted but still just battery symbol with exclamation point. I almost gave up. I pressed the button over and over and over until my display finally popped up😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me. Unplug device. Use alcohol on quip to gently clean contact area on charger and Fitbit. Plug in charger to USB port. Attach your Fitbit and feel vibration. Look at battery. Bottom part of pic shows dots before exclamation appears. Disconnect Fitbit from charger and quickly reengage. Do this repeatedly (took me 10 times). It is to give enough trickle charge to start the battery again. The exclamation point disappears leaving the first battery bar present. Allow to charge. If this doesn’t work, the battery may be toast. 

Best Answer
0 Votes