Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand New Alta HR Display Blank

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all!

Hoping someone will be able to help me. I just opened my brand new Alta HR (recieved a while back but didnt use until now). 

I charged my tracker fully before pairing it with my Fitbit app, where it says synced and full battery charge.

I know the display works as it shows the logo, software version, and “www.fitbit.com/setup”, but I am unable to get the display to show the clock and stats. The screen is unresponsive when I double tap it.

Unfortunately the support team was not much help so hoping other Fitbit users may have insight on how to troubleshoot this.

To further complicate this, support advised me to unpair my tracker and restart the process, and now I am having issues when I reach the step of entering a code - no code shows up now for me to enter.

This is my first Fitbit and I remember my mom having a hard time setting hers up too, so any help would be greatly appreciated! I will keep my tracker plugged into the charger in the meantime…

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi, @A8125L have you tried giving your Alta HR a restart?  The instructions are here .  It is worth trying this a few times, as it can be difficult to get the rhythm of press and pause just right.  I find it helpful to say the words out loud to help with the timing - press, pause, press, pause, press.

Hopefully this will work!  However, having said that, although you report your Alta HR as brand new, it is quite an old device.  As you may be aware, all rechargeable batteries have a limited life span, and that span can be significantly shortened if it spends long periods in a discharged state.  So I would say that if trying several restarts does not bring it back to life you may have to accept that it is not recoverable..

If you are looking to upgrade, I can very much recommend the Inspire series, which was the successor to the Alta series.  The Inspire 3 is an excellent little tracker with a good battery life and a lovely colour screen.  If you do decide to upgrade to a new Fitbit it is worth getting in touch once more with Fitbit Customer Support as I know they are often able to offer a discount on new products to a loyal customer looking to upgrade.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer