Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new Alta goes black when disconnected from charger

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is the 2nd Alta I have bought my husband.   The first one I had to return because when it was disconnected from the charger it would just go black.     Now this one is doing the same.     It shows a fully charged batter.      Help please!     I have tried all the troubleshooting tips I could find.

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

Hello @Jeanieweanie, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums. 

Thank you for sharing all this information about the screen of our Alta that is turning off when having a full battery level and confirming that you already tried a few troubleshooting steps. 

I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon. Keep an eye on your inbox. 

Let me know about te outcome. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

My alta is doing the same thing. Brand new out of box, has never worked.

Best Answer
It is so frustrating, I’m not sure what to do now. I’m thinking of
sending it back and trying some other model. If you figure it out, let
me know!
Best Answer

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Michaelrussell

Thank you for sharing this information about what you've experienced with your brand new Alta that is not responding.

I've sent your information to the Support team as well for further assistance with this. Please keep an eye on  your inbox. 

@Jeanieweanie, it seems the Support team already sent you a reply, could you please confirm? If you're not able to see it, please make sure to check on your spam folder as well. 

Keep me posted.  

Best Answer
I have checked and I can’t seem to find a reply, I also checked my spam.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply @Jeanieweanie

I was informed they've sent you another reply with some instructions, could you please check your inbox once more to confirm if you've received it. 

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer

My wife's fitbit is facing the same problem. Appreciate any advice from those who have solved the problem. Thank you.

Best Answer

Hello @ceugenek,  welcome to the Fitbit Community forums. 

Thank you for sharing this information about what you've been experiencing with the Alta not responding when when disconnected from charger. 

Before considering other options, could you please confirm if you already tried all the steps listed here to complete the restart procedure. This has been useful for other users experiencing similar problems with the display. 

Please keep us posted on the outcome. 

Best Answer

Mine has been doing the same! It’s fully charged but just won’t sync! I’m over it! 

Best Answer
I have tried all steps, but it still goes black when disconnected from
charger. Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My daughter is having the exact same issue after owning for 1.5 years.  Please provide any solutions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
When I find a solution I’ll be happy to share!
Best Answer

Welcome to the forums @sansbell  and @Gretchek, I've sent your information to the Support team as well, you should be getting a reply soon with more instructions. 

@Jeanieweanie, it seems that Customer Support had sent you a reply about this, however, if you're still not able to see it and it's not in your spam folder, please try using this link to get in touch with them:  Supporto Fitbit

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer

Thank yo

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI I have the same problem and published fitbit solutions didn't work.  Did you find a solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes
They are sending me another one, this will be #3. I have tried all the
suggestions to no avail. I wish I could be of more help to you.
Best Answer
0 Votes
thank you. they told me this am battery is defective and are
replacing. they know about this but don't seem to want to track the
source of the battery issue. thanks for the reply.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a similar issue...it works for a few hours but then just goes black with no warning...my Alta HR always indicated a low battery...this one just goes black and doesn't respond until it is charged for a little bit...when I put on the charger it indicates that it is already charged half way...so don't understand why it is going black...ugh

Best Answer
0 Votes