Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change the brightness settings of my Alta

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve tried scrolling left as I have been instructed in order to get to the settings screen but my Alta will not take me to the settings screen it will only scroll through time, calories and steps.

I love my fitbit but I can’t read the display anymore, it’s too dark.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Ssminette the Alta series doesn't have settings to increase the brightness. I had an Alta HR and got a Luxe, which does offer brightness settings.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Ssminette. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Alta before reaching out. I understand how you must be feeling. 

Please note that your case was forwarded to our higher tier of support for further checking. Someone will be in contact with you soon as they have the resolution for your Alta's issue. It seems that our Support Team has exhausted all troubleshooting steps availed for this issue, so there's nothing left we here in the community can suggest. 

Thanks for your understanding. Have a nice day!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Update: @MarreFitbit I have the same issue. The UI too dark can barely read or view it anymore. I liked my fitbit a lot and not ready to give yp on it yet. Can you give an update if this has a resolution already? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @Mambaaa. Thanks for stopping by in the Community Forums and sharing the details about the issue with your Alta HR. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

If the above doesn't work, please restart your Alta HR as suggested here How do I restart my Fitbit device? If the restart doesn't work try to change your clock face. If this fixes the issue, you can change your clock face back to the original clock face. 

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I also have the Alta HR and I cannot figure out how change the brightness. Swiping left doesn't work. It is too dark for me to see.

Best Answer

Me too

Best Answer
0 Votes