Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete silent alarm Alta HR

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since a few months there are alarms in my 'Silent alarm' list I can't delete. They seem to be active and have the green switch turned on, but they are not. And I just can't do anything about them.

When I create a new alarm it seems to create 2 versions of them, and when I delete one of them, the other stays in the list.

Any ideas about how to solve this?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Evels_8  Ohh that is odd sounding! Try restarting your Alta HR several times and also uninstall the app and reinstall it and log back in and see if you can delete them then.

Restart your Tracker  

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @Evels_8  Ohh that is odd sounding! Try restarting your Alta HR several times and also uninstall the app and reinstall it and log back in and see if you can delete them then.

Restart your Tracker  

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

• My Fitbit Alta HR is adding at least two times every time a set a silent alarm. One of them will not delete. They are stacking up. I deleted the Alta HR from my phone and re-added it, but still doing the same thing.

Best Answer

I have the exact same problem. Anyone have any ideas please ??

Best Answer

Thanks! For me this helped! After uninstalling and reinstalling the extra alarms were gone!

Best Answer

Thanks. But if I uninstall do I lose my data?? Worried. 

Best Answer

Hi @Vali24 No you won't lose any data. The data is stored on the Fitbit Servers, not the app.

Community Council Member

Best Answer
Many thanks I’ll give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

But then what happens? I did uninstall and reinstall, the extra alarms were gone, but the next time I set an alarm, there were two. One works properly and one you can't delete.

Best Answer

I have the same problem and it's persisting. I have reset my Alta multiple times, closed and opened the app, synced time and time again and the problem hadn't gone away.

Best Answer

HailRobonia_0-1659538792315.png

Best Answer

It's frustrating. I don't think FITBIT cares. They want us to buy something new.

Best Answer
One of my replies said that once some days have passed and the rougue reading moves along out of sight everything reverts to normal 🤞

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Never in my experience. The only way to get rid of them is to reset.

Best Answer
0 Votes