Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find a charger for my Alta HR

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm having a hard time finding the right charger for my Fitbit AltaHR. I lost my charger that came with the Fitbit AltaHR. Seems it's an older model and no one has the right charger with the three (3) charger spots. The ones I found on Amazon have two (2) charger spots that won't work. Any help on where to buy a new charger?  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hi @Junebug5000  the Alta HR was retired in 2019 and has been replaced by two different styles. Has it been long since you used it? Sometimes the battery is left dead for a long time and it doesn't revive. Since it's no longer sold, you'll have to just try an off brand charger for it. With Amazon, just be sure it's one of their Prime sellers and they take returns in case it doesn't work for you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
Thanks for your help. Can’t find my charger & newer ones have 2 prongs, not 3. Some reviewers on Amazon say it works. Don’t know? I’ll keep looking, buy a new Fitbit or use my iPhone for tracking, etc.
Junebug5000

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@Junebug5000  the issue of how many prongs has been talked about on the forums. There aren't as many prongs needed as it might seem. If it was me, I'd chance getting one of the higher reviewed charging units. Meanwhile, use MobleTrack to keep your steps being counted on your Fitbit account. click to learn more

Best Answer

Just FYI -- I just received the 2 prong charger from Amazon. I have a 3 prong old AltaHR -- the 2 prong charger worked! Just to let other AltaHR users with 3 prongs know that it did work. Be sure to order the charger for the AltaHR. Thanks for your help!

Best Answer

Wonderful news @Junebug5000 and thanks for letting us know. Glad you tried it, because you may have helped other Fitbit users with a similar problem.

Best Answer

I have a similar problem in that I can’t find a charger to fit my old Fitbit Alta HR which has the 3 buttons.  Just wondering which 2 pronged charger worked for you so I can purchase from the same site?  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Juliemol3000 and welcome to the Community.  The Alta HR manual shows a two prong charger on page 6.  I never owned an Alta HR, so I don't know if it came with a three prong cable or not.  The earlier post might not help.  It is over a year old and that brand might not be available.  I can say that there are Alta HR chargers available on Amazon.  Look for recent reviews from Verified Purchases to see if that brand works.

Make sure it is for the Alta HR, not the Alta.  The chargers are different.  The only issue I know of is that many third party models don't have the restart button that is part of the charging cable.  You need the button to restart an Alta HR.  Then again, the Alta HR is an older model tracker and users are experiencing end-of-life battery issues.

FWIW, my Charge 2, 3, 4, 5, and Luxe all have three charging contacts on the back of the device.  But every charger has only two prongs.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you LZeeW for your reply. I have attached a photo of the actual watch. I do not think that the chargers specifically for this Alta HR are on sale anymore but was hoping that I would find an alternative that would work.

Sent from Mail<> for Windows
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Alta.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Junebug5000,

Have you looked for Alta HR chargers on EBay?  They will be used but you might be able to find a charger there.

I've found used Alta HR (with chargers) listed on EBay.

Amazon usually do not sell used items of these types (Fitbit) so you'll have a harder time finding it on EBay.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello Goyim

Thanks for your helpful reply. I have now ordered a charger from EBay which hopefully will work.

Sent from Mail<> for Windows
Best Answer
0 Votes