Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t see display outside on Alta HR

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there any way to see the Alta HR display when you are outside?  Device is useless outside even as a watch.

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29
What are you talking about I’m talking about outside in the sunlight I can read mine fine in a dark room if you can’t read it in a dark room maybe you need glasses or something yeah I can definitely see mine in the dark

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is your Alta a newer version? Mine is about 4 years old and I have the viewing problem that was discussed. 

Best Answer
Mine is only two years old I don’t understand why they would make certain that you were outside to count your steps and not be able to read it I don’t get it and they’re not cheap either Lucky for me my daughter bought it for me for my birthday

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
I think mine is an older version, like yours. It was sent a year ago as a
replacement for one that was broken, and it seemed to be a used one.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is an older one. Bugs me everyday when I can’t view outside when I’m
walking. Definitely flaw in this make. Eventually will get a new one...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is about 3 years old. It’s always had the issue where it was hard to read outside if it was sunny. This was annoying, but pretty typical of a digital display. Recently, the display has gradually gotten less bright so that it is now hard to read indoors, even with low lighting. I’m curious if this is a known issue as they get older, or just some freak defect with mine

Best Answer

I still can see mine fine indoors. The face has a crack so I’d like to get a new one but hesitate if the new Alta has the same problem. I love the size and the simplicity of the tracker.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine never lost display but ironic that it completely died yesterday.
Won’t recharge after having it 1 1/2 years I believe..:
Best Answer
0 Votes
Find never lost the display you just did not see it outside you can see it fine inside I would definitely call the company
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Found the same thing - display got so dim, can't read it even inside but it's 2 years old now so no chance of warranty

Best Answer
0 Votes