Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find the Fitbit App in Play Store from my phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have reset my Samsung S6 to factory settings, but the the Fitbit App has not been automatically restored. What is worse,  I also cannot find it in Play Store anymore when searching from my phone, whereas it shows normally when searched from my husband's Galaxy S9. Can anybody help me understanding what's going on? Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @laura_br. I appreciate your assistance, @SteveH.

@laura_br As @SteveH mentioned above, if your phone doesn't meet the minimum requirements, you won't be able to download the Fitbit app. According to this site your Galaxy S6 can be updated to Android 8, so I recommend you to check on your phone's Settings if you can upgrade your Android version to download the Fitbit app again.

See you around.

If my post was helpful, you can vote for it. You can also mark it as Best Answer if it was what you were looking for!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

I think it has to do with the version of Android on your phone. I think the S6 doesn't support versions later than Android 7 but the latest fitbit app requires Android 8 or later (see: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/technology/compatible-devices ). If your device cannot support the app then it is not shown in the store.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @laura_br. I appreciate your assistance, @SteveH.

@laura_br As @SteveH mentioned above, if your phone doesn't meet the minimum requirements, you won't be able to download the Fitbit app. According to this site your Galaxy S6 can be updated to Android 8, so I recommend you to check on your phone's Settings if you can upgrade your Android version to download the Fitbit app again.

See you around.

If my post was helpful, you can vote for it. You can also mark it as Best Answer if it was what you were looking for!
Best Answer