Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clasping and switching your Alta wristband

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

One of the trickiest parts of getting started with a brand-new wristband tracker is simply learning how to get it clasped properly. The following post can help you with that!

How do I clasp my Alta wristband more easily?

• Before putting the wristband on your actual wrist, you can clasp and unclasp your wristband repeatedly using both hands. This will help to loosen the holes in the band a little bit, and should make it a bit easier to clasp when it's actually on your wrist.
  • As detailed in this help article, most people have success with "pinching" the clasp between two fingers when they go to put it on. This will usually be more effective than simply pushing hard against your wrist, which is both awkward and potentially uncomfortable.
  • An awesome tip that has been shared by @Gmadiane is to place a drop of olive oil on the holes and push the clasp through. This seems to have worked for quite a few other users. Thanks for sharing!
    clasp.PNG
  • Once your wristband is clasped, make sure that both the metal prongs are securely in their holes, as shown below on the left. If one of the prongs is still loose, as shown on the right, then the band is not yet secure and may come off your wrist unexpectedly.
    clasp2.PNG

We're confident that you'll be able to get your alta clasped with just a little practice. Don't be discouraged if it's difficult at first - it definitely gets easier over time!

How do I change my Alta wristband?

Fitbit Alta's wristband is detachable from the top and bottom of the tracker, so that you can replace it with accessory bands of different color or material. For help with detaching your Alta's wristband, check the steps in this help article, or watch the video below. 

Best Answer
812 REPLIES 812

I found the bands impossible and got a generic one with a watch buckle.  

Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by @SunsetRunner and @vle045. Fitbit is always reviewing your responses to provide feedback to our product development team.

Feedback like yours helps us constantly improve our services. 

Please, don't hesitate to reach out if you have any more questions, comments, or concerns.

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer

I have been using a fitbit for many years.  While it is a great product, I cannot understand why Fitbit hasn't totally redesigned their bands. It is not the consumer who should be having to contort and get assistance with an impossible band. I am a forth degree black belt and I can not put on my band without pressing it against some hard object and using all my strength to get it to hold.  Even then it doesn't always click in. I have lost two Fitbits because of the poor design. With the millions of Fitbits sold, I would think there is a much better solution. I know there is a belt buckle style on some, but many of us are stuck with this one.  How could this major design problem be overlooked?

Best Answer
Dear Jacqu

My wristband fortunately broke – So I emailed them directly and with proof of purchase and pictures I received a new wristband free of charge in the style of old watchbands and this has worked out terrifically.
The only other suggestion is to purchase others off of amazon with the style you like.
Good luck
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought a new band on Amazon for like $6.00 with a buckle style. 

Best Answer

So disappointed. I got it for myself as a bday present and was looking forward to using it. This thing is infuriating. I cannot get it to lock even when it isn't on my wrist. I was already trying to do what the instructions advise but it's **ahem** near impossible-I guess that's why its on Groupon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up ordering another band on ebay. It was only $1.50 and has a
buckle closure.Good luck.
Best Answer

KDod, don't give up. If you got a good bargain that's worth throwing a few more dollars after, get a buckle-style band on Amazon.  Or you can get someone else to snap it closed if you can't, then never open/close the band again. You can remove the Fitbit from your wrist by putting your finger under the band at the place where it joins the unit and press the unlock.

Try removing and snapping the band back onto the Fitbit a few times with it off your wrist so you get used to how that feels, then try doing it with the band and unit on your wrist.

Good luck. 

Best Answer
thank you! I got a pretty good deal on this FItbit, so I think the extra
couple dollars will be worth it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having a great deal of trouble finding where I can order a new wrist band for my Alta can someone direct me. It is very hard to find where to buy.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I got mine at Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Ebay! Now if my husband can just find the other 2 I bought him (in a pack of
3)...

Gabrielle
Best Answer
0 Votes