Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clock face - showing the flower that grows?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This may sound completely ridiculous but one thing I loved about my fitbit one was the flower that grew the more exercise you did.  My daughter has this on her Alta - do you know if this is also on the Alta HR? Thanks, Melanie

=======================================

Progressed through Fitbit One, Flex, Charge, Alta, Alta HR, Charge 2, Blaze, Flex 2 and now Ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@melaniewymer @Julia_G Whoops! I spoke too soon... The Alta HR will include the flower!!! I guess I had a case of the Monday's. Smiley Wink If you do choose a clock screen that shows a flower, you'll see the flower grow and shrink depending on your activity level. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

I have never seen a One or an Alta so I havent seen the flower, but it sounds a lovely symbol to me! I have my Alta HR on order and I look foward to seeing if I have a flower on that!

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

It looks like the same clock face / display as the original Alta, so I would bet on the flower...  But watch out for that flower!  -- even if you have loads and loads of steps and have reached your goal, if you don't move for a while the flower starts shrinking again... ;(

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
That's the beauty of it - it keeps you on the move 🙂

Progressed through Fitbit One, Flex, Charge, Alta, Alta HR, Charge 2, Blaze, Flex 2 and now Ionic.

Best Answer

@melaniewymer Happy to see you here! I agree, the flower is a really great symbol that has helped me stay motivated. As of now this is not going to be included on the Fitbit Alta HR. I recommend adding this idea to our Feature Suggestion board so our team can take this into consideration. On the bright side, the Alta HR does include Reminders to Move, which is not included on the One and helps a lot too! Let me know if I can help answer any other questions. I'll be around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Oh, no! No flower?  Bad decision, Fitbit!

Best Answer

@melaniewymer @Julia_G Whoops! I spoke too soon... The Alta HR will include the flower!!! I guess I had a case of the Monday's. Smiley Wink If you do choose a clock screen that shows a flower, you'll see the flower grow and shrink depending on your activity level. 

Best Answer

Yay, flower!  Good decision, Fitbit!

Best Answer

Oh good! I will get to try out the flower.Smiley Happy

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's brill! I loved that flower on my One with a passion - it was so motivation trying to make sure it didn't shrink. So pleased it's on the Alta HR! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my watch for X-Mas, and for the display I choose the Time with the Flower. My Flower has NEVER GROWN OR DISPLAYS. 

Can someone please tell me how this works? I've had 4 different answers and none the same. 

IF I CAN'T USE THE FLOWER  (a girly touch) I would like to return it, it's silly that I can't use a feature that shows as a choice for my display. 

Someone says it has to grow, WOW!!

The time it took to put in my food etc was time consuming enough and now I have to wait for a Flower to GROW??

This is suppose to be a great device and not to mention costly ($169.99) to put all of this time and I can't see a Flower as a Display. 

The choices are limited enough, I thought the Flower made it "CHEERFUL" and "Girly". 

This is a bit SILLY, I have to go through so much to get a truthful answer, and a FLOWER. 🌼🌺🌸🏵🌹🌷💐

Thank you for your time and kindness

Kind regards,

Yakti

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really? So if I run one day and not the next the flower as a DISPLAY is gone. 

I thought I was working hard for me; Not a Flower.

I just thought it was a pretty display. 

Kindly,

Yakti 🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼

@melaniewymer wrote:
That's the beauty of it - it keeps you on the move 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

It grows every time you reach a certain percentage of your goal ( tried it out but I forget how often you got it in a day) 2 or 4 times if you met your goal I think. If you want a nice girly floral clock face get yourself an Ionic instead! I love my clockface on that! And you get a choice of a purple flower, a red one or a yellow one lol20171012_134107.jpg

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Hi, @SidiYakti, the flower grows as you get moving, as others have mentined.  If you sit for too long it starts to shrink, even if you have reached (or even exceeded) your goal for the day.

You will need to grow your flower each day, so yesterday's run will mean nothing for today's flower!

Best Answer

Hi! 

I just chose the flower on my Alta HR to see what it was about and all I see is a dash with perhaps a bud? SO have to see if it works.

Regarding entering the foods. I got the My Fitness Pal app it sincs with FItbit. So much easier to find a wide variety of foods. I think many of us have foods we regularly eat. Those can be marked as favorites, to make tracking even easier.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, After reading your message I went to setting and orientation on my Alta HR and changed it to the flower, but why doesn't it show on my screen. Do you know how to resolve this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is the flower clock face not showing or is the flower not showing? If the clock face hasnt changed, make sure you have tapped 'choose' after you have selected it, and then sync your tracker.

If it is the flower not showing you need to get some steps in towards your goal and it will start to grow.

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the response. After I recharged the battery it changed to the
flower clock face, but when this happened the # of steps aren't showing but
instead it shows the number of steps in km. I went back to my setting and
it is showing steps and not distance. So my question then is when you
change it to the flower clock face, does the # of steps change to km.

Virus-free.
www.avg.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Best Answer
0 Votes

@heeia.  No.  That K does not stand for km.  It stands for thousands.  When the Alta HR is in vertical mode there is less space for numbers, so up to 10,000 steps they are rounded to the nearest hundred, and after 10,000 they are rounded to the nearest thousand.

So, for example, if you see 1.5k that does not mean you have walked 1.5 km.  It means you have taken approximately 1,500 steps (to see the exact number check your app or change to the horizontal face).  When you have walked 10,000 steps you will see 10 k and then at 11,000 it will be 11 k.

Best Answer
THANK YOU! Now I understand. I appreciate your quick response.
Best Answer
0 Votes