Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to my phone with out the phone having a mobile service.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have an Alta HR and it is connected to my phone to sync the data recorded and also to use the GPS on my phone to record a specific exercise. I also use it linked to Strava as well.

All with no problem until this morning !

I was out in the country this morning and the Alta would not connect to my phone. I finally noticed that I didn't have mobile signal on the phone, Bluetooth was OK, but the phone kept coming back with no internet connection on the Fitbit App.

Am I correct in assuming that the Fitbit devices will not sync with a phone if there is no connection to Fitbits servers? This to me seems illogical, it suggests that if I am out hiking in the wild then forget tracking it with Fitbit.

I accept I am new to Fitbit but I did, and still do, have the phone correctly link to the Alta HR

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

You are correct. You cannot sync without an internet connection. It has always been this way. The app first has to contact the Fitbit servers to see if there is any additional info to download such as a weigh-in with the Fitbit Aria or new info from another tracker that you might have attached to your account.

Best Answer
0 Votes