Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device working only when plugged into charger

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my Alta for years and I updated it last night so I can start using it again. It’s fully charged and works on the charger but it stops working when I take it off the charger. I’ve put it back on the charger and it says the battery is fully charged. I think the update made my Alta glitch. Can someone help? 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34
I tried restarting to no avail.  I don't think anyone has the answer.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

i have same. problem and this didn't help

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner, 

I've done this more than a dozen times.  Nothing has worked so my only option is to throw it away it away and buy a new one or just throw it away.  I've purchased about 7 or 8 different FitBits for me and friends over the years. I guess I just need to check out options outside of FitBit.  I appreciate you trying to help me get my FitBit working.

Thanks!   

Best Answer

I was seriously thinking the same thing, Touchway! I hope it's not; but if so, they're cutting off their own foot, as so many frustrated Fitbit owners are turning to Apple products as a result of these unreasonable malfunctions. 

Best Answer

you say to turn off the alta 3 times by pressing the button on the charging cable.  my cable doesn't have a button.  so, how do I turn the unit on and off?

Best Answer
  1. Hi. I had tried the information given but still not working. Can you advise an alternative. Thank you.
Best Answer

Hi! Just curious if anyone Has heard back concerning the Alta not working. I’m in the same boat, it only works when plugged in. It shows fully charged when plugged in, it also resets by pressing the charger cable three times as described. 

Best Answer

Hi,

If it is out of warranty, they are not going to help you. Actually, there
is no solution to this problem. You will press things until your fingers
hurt... it is just their way of getting us to buy a new device. Would look
into buying anything other than FitBit really...

--
*Lebohang 

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer

bought a new.  much cheaper and works better.  

Moderator Edit: Content - Promoting

Best Answer

fit bit has no solution to their programming screwup.  they offer u a small discount which is pretty worthlesd. 

Moderator Edit: Content - Promoting

Best Answer

Thank you for responding. I’ll look into that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for that. I’ll look into it. Have a great day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Only reason I’m here is for this. 

After reading the previous posts I’m concern I need new one. 
Took it off for 9months... obvious reasons. Now I can wear it again without getting a weird allergic reaction my baby and I would love to know what time it is. All the time. Im not always in a room with a clock or it’s not at the right angle. Sorry but I’m not an owl I can not view the one behind my couch. So please fix this Fitbit. I am counting on you as a hormonal and busy mother. You do NOT want me to contact you directly. I will not take “discount” 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got a new Fitbit and within a month it did the same thing. Contact Fitbit doesn't work so now what. If problem isn't fixable I'm done with Fitbit forever. Battery may be the problem and if the batteries are dead that quickly then Fitbit is using bad batteries probably from China

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow! I hope it works for you! That’s awful. Thanks for the reply.
Best Answer
0 Votes