Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Alta track floors?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does the Alta track levels?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
113 REPLIES 113
I'm sure you'll love it. I've had my Blaze for a couple of weeks now and am very happy with it.
Best Answer
I'm really disappointed by this. I purchased the Alta to have a better sleep tracker... I enjoy the look/feel of the Alta and One, just wish there was something similar with a combination of the functionality. I don't need HR, was hoping for stairs, sleep, steps.
Best Answer

Was considering purchasing an Alta until I realised that it didn't count flights of stairs. 

Shame, as I liked the look of the motivation features.

Best Answer

Me too, I was ready to buy until I found out it doesn't count floors 😞

Best Answer

Ok so the Alta doesn't track stairs. What app connects to the fitbit that DOES track flights of stairs on my phone? If I can have my phone on me while I do stairs and my fitbit dashboard tracks that, I feel like I'll have the ultimate tracking system! Any thoughts?

Best Answer

I would love to know too!

Best Answer
0 Votes
It does not
Best Answer
0 Votes
I totally agree and I bought an Alta. Love the new sleek look especially on my tiny wrist.
Best Answer
0 Votes

What happens if you use your iphone as a device in the fitbit app as well at the Alta. The app implies you can have both connected. Bofore I got the Alta the app was able to read the phone for thoses details. Would adding the iPhone as a additional device overwrite the Alta info or just add missing data such as climbs?

M G
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you sync data from any third party app it will overwrite whatever data your Fitbit detected during the same time period. 

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's a real shame. Thought that might be a useful workaround.
M G
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ErickFitbit wrote:

@Smplsmn@Goods An altimeter was not included in Alta in order to keep it as sleek and thin as possible, so @EricJRW@MakMak are both correct.

Thanks for the clarification. It seemed confusing because of the tab for 'stairs climbed' on the dashboard. I am guessing that some of the dashboard design is universal?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I'm really upset by this. As I just bought one last night. And the young lady at Best Buy told me it did indeed track stairs. Which is what I wanted it for that and steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm bummed too. I just bought one last night as well, and was under the impression it did track stairs. That feature would be really nice. 😞

Best Answer

Yes, very disappointing it doesn't count stairs. It reminds me of this every time I see that dumb dashboard. The Fitbit company seem to have no interest in asking users what they actually want. I just got the Alta as a birthday present, but I'll be going back to the Charge.  Very very annoying.  And Apple Watch looks like a viable option again.  Good one, Fitbit... How to lose customers.

Best Answer

funny... because my watch is water resisitant 50 M and I've never had a problem swimming with it or taking it in the shower. its a timex and its less than $20. Waterproofing or a deeper water resistance shouldnt cost very much at all. considering we pay enough for these trackers....

Best Answer
The Apple Watch doesn't track stairs either
Best Answer

How ironic that the Alta doesn't have an Altimeter. How Duh was that?

Best Answer

Then which devices do track floors?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @SunsetRunner, all Fitbits except Zip, Flex and Alta track floors.  You might find this comparison chart useful.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer