Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Alta track floors?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does the Alta track levels?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
113 REPLIES 113

I just bought one to replace my charge ( the band came unglued ) and will miss the floor option too. I'd suggest that Fitbit might want to make that a bit more prominent on their web site. 

Though since they don't need the breather hole for the altimeter I'd really like the unit to be much more water proof.

The main items I want in a tracker are:

steps (and the resulting distance)

stairs/floor

all the various notifications

water proof enough to wear swimming

and good battery life... the week we've got now is fine but 30 days would be much better 🙂 

moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
Definitely sucks. But my Charge only lasted 6 months. Two parts on it broke. The Alta seems more sturdy. I can't beak any buttons or rip the back out when I pull out the charger connection.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Kinda sucks it cannot track stairs.  I understand the no HR because it is worn loose.  Heck Apple put a whole room full of computer power into my cell phone but my alta can't track stairs....?  Sadface

Best Answer
Doesn't seem right. What ticks me off is that the stairs appear on the Alta dashboard. Why do they appear as something it tracks if it doesn't?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@NavyLady You will see the floors metric on your Dashboard if you have a 2nd tracker paired that does track floors climbed such as the Charge. 

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
Thanks so much! I do have a second tracker. But it's broken. I wanted to delete it, but I think I would lose all my data that's attached to it! Anyone know if that's true?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes but so many customers are!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@NavyLady, if you delete your old Fitbit you will not lose any of your historical data; however your floors climbed will no longer display.  I hope this helps!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

I have recently replaced my FitBit Charge (do to the fact that the braclet kept peeling off and I got frustrated with continuely glueing it back on.  I now have a FitBit Alta.   I am very disappointed that the floors are not longer being tracked.   It was not highlighted that this feature, which was on older versions no longer was included in this new one!  I do not understand why a feature like this was not included as I thought the point of using a tracking device is to have various "motivations" triggers to obtain the best result possible.   Very disappointed

Best Answer

I agree! At least make it waterproof! This is what the competitors have... forget the arm accessories get me a waterproof fitbit like alta with display and then they will soar! Well i believe so anyway!

Moderator edit: Format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, but alot if peopke are doing water aerobics now. I think they should...not everyone wants a huge blaze on their arm.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Agreed
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm so disappointed. I just had my charge replaced as it was falling apart and was told by the Fitbit rep I dealt with that the Alta does everything the Charge does. I really liked the stair tracking. So do I go back to my old charge and wear it until it completely falls apart, deal with being told incorrect information and just suck it up or look to a smart watch or other brand?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Frankiecat @Karmella @Schmelly! Thank you for joining us! 😄 Heart

Thank you very much for your feedback in regards the Alta and its features. I'll make sure to pass it along! I apologize for the confusion in the features of the Alta, but you can check the features and specs of the Alta in the Specs Page

@Karmella having a waterproof Alta would be a very good idea, so you can vote for this idea in our Feature Suggestion board. You can also leave comments and post your own ideas!

Let me know if you have any further questions. Robot Very Happy

Annie| Community Moderator

Was my answer helpful? Awesome! Let's help our fellow Fitbitters by marking this as a solution, and vote up! 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel the same!  I thought this was water proof as I am training for my first ever tri!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Swimming is the best ever exercise. No strain on joints and you work every muscle!  I wouldn't be alive today without this exercise. Saved my life literally!

Best Answer
0 Votes
smh i know i wish they would hurry
Best Answer
0 Votes
Me too 😞
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is disappointing. I wish I knew this before I got the Alta. I thought all worked the same, just had different styles/ bands. Had a Charge until the band fell apart.

Best Answer
0 Votes