Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Reset for Alta?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I factory reset my alta?

Best Answer
234 REPLIES 234

None  it does not have one

Best Answer
0 Votes

how do i restart and recalculate my fitbit alta?

Best Answer

I dont see one on mine either

Best Answer

I recently bought an Alta on Amazon. But the charging cable does not have a button on it and the other end has dots but not the Fitbit logo. Is it fraudulent? My Fitbit went dark so I wanted to reset it but there is no button. Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Peggy12345 , the authentic Fitbit charging cable has a little button for restarting.  If you bought this from Amazon I would suggest getting in touch with them.  You can also check with Fitbit Customer Support on Contact.fitbit.com who can confirm if your device is counterfeit.  I would do this as soon as possible.  Amazon will likely accept a return if the device is not as described, but Fitbit, obviously, will not honour a warranty if you don’t actually have one of their legitimate devices!

The Alta is now an older Fitbit device.  If yours turns out to be counterfeit, I can strongly recommend the new Inspire 2.  Alternatively, since it is now discontinued, you may be able to get some good deals on the earlier Inspire / Inspire HR - also excellent devices. But do make sure they are genuine.  Fitbit will continue to support older devices, if they are real Fitbits and bought from authorised sellers.

I hope this helps.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Hey, if you want to give you Fitbit Alta away, will the new owner have access to your personal data?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @lornaaucoin , no personal data is stored on the Alta itself - it is all only on your Fitbit account, so you can safely give your Fitbit away.

Best Answer

Have tried this (pushing the button 3 times within 8 seconds) a few times now, and it's not resetting. It is still showing the wrong time and date.

Trying to get back to using my Alta again after a long hiatus, so would like to resolve this before I give up.

Best Answer

Hi, @rahelab restarting your Alta will not update the date and time - after restarting you will need to sync your Alta before the time and date can update.  To sync open your Fitbit app, click on the Alta icon and find the “sync now” setting.  

If you are having trouble syncing, you should first make sure your app is up to date and try logging out and logging back in again.

If you need more help with syncing please post again letting us know what device you use to sync your Fitbit.

Best Answer

What if you don’t have a pc computer.  I only have a mac. 
seidlek

Best Answer
0 Votes

What’s the solution only have a Mac computer?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Seidlek , here’s some information about using Fitbits with a Mac computer that you might find helpful:

https://www.imore.com/how-set-and-start-using-your-fitbit-mac

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did NOT work for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I couldn't get mine to work. It's now a paperweight on my dresser.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit alta app shows battery is full when n taken off charger it shuts off doesn't come back on

Best Answer
0 Votes