Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Reset for Alta?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I factory reset my alta?

Best Answer
234 REPLIES 234
Quick show on my alta is very very tempremental and dosnt work 98% of the time. I have done a restart but this hasnt solved the issue. I have tried phoning the number given in the help section on app but i cant get thru from.scotland its not recognised. Any suggestions will be valued. TIA
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine was pretty fussy like that until I did the firmware update. Try
getting it to synch with your computer and get the software/firmware
updated. Then you should be good to go.
Best Answer
Thank you! This was sooo helpful!
Best Answer
Hi, thankyou. Still not working. Phoned fitbit so they have said it is defective 😕😕

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey hey hey, thank you for stopping by @Paulinel@MarkInMonument and @ElizabethAnn82. This is the number for the United Kingdom @Paulinel 0208 865 3243, I hope they have changed your defective Alta.

Thank you for your advice @MarkInMonument

Welcome to the forums @ElizabethAnn82Robot LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,thanks yes they are replacing defective tracker.😍

Best Answer

Splendiferous @Paulinel

Have Fun

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Paulinel! That's great, I hope you get your device and get back on track soon! Robot LOL

I also would like to encourage you to spend a good time sharing your experiences with other friends in our Discussions board. I'm pretty sure you'll have lots of fun! 

Best Answer

I tried several times and was unable to reset the Alta. After playing with it a bit, I finally got the timing right.    
Teknikal's response was the closest to what worked for me. 

1) Connect your Alta to the USB cable, and plug it into a USB power outlet, or into your laptop's USB socket. 

2) Hit the button on the end of he USB cable slowly 3 times. These presses need to be separated by 2 second intervals, counting One Thousand One, One Thousand Two.     

3) The Fitbit logo should come up, followed by the firmware date code.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi thanks. Alta was defective so gotba replacement for it. It came realy quik. Got it today 😍😍

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @B0KRobot LOL Thank you for sharing what worked for you and the steps you followed. @Paulinel, I'm glad to hear you have received your replacement Alta and that you're now back on track.

See you later! Robot LOL

Best Answer

Wishing a beautiful day

Enjoy @Paulinel Heart

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks to both jeszika and ADXGlock, for helping me find the reset button and then suggesting using the USB dongle to gt it to sync. I appreciate your help!

Best Answer

@kthx Glad you were able to get the restart process completed. Have a great weekend!

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a question regarding the Alta...my husband recently upgraded from his Alta to a Blaze and we are giving his sister is Alta...how do we delete his information from the tracker so she can use it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @tibbysgurlRobot LOL When your sister in law does the Alta set up with her  account, all your husband's information will be removed from the tracker and she will be able to use it with her information. 

I hope this information helps! Keep me posted Woman Wink.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It worked...thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

not a great suggestion since you cannot reset an ALTA when you add the device to the new account any trophies/awards related to steps for example will reappear

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad to hear that the provided advise worked for your sister in law @tibbysgurlRobot LOL She can check the Alta's Product Manual if she wants more information. 

Welcome to the Forums @Altanovice39, the information that the Alta saved will remain in the original user's account and when you add the device to the new account, the information that you've mentioned shouldn't appear.

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to admit, I'm getting pretty annoyed. My Alta hasn't synced since the 9th. I've restarted it, tried with sycing on different computers, uninstalled the app on my phone, removed the device from my account to add as a new one and nothing works. And by nothing, I mean I have not even been able to re-add my device back to my account. It won't connect to the device. IF I'm lucky the part where it sends a code appears on my tracker, I enter it in the app and then it stalls and says it can't sync. When it tries via the dongle on a pc, it 'sees the tracker' but can never complete the connection. Very unhappy right now.

Best Answer