Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Reset for Alta?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How can I factory reset my alta?

Best Answer
234 REPLIES 234

I need to be able to do an actual factory reset on mine.  I set an alarm on it but didn't like it, so I deleted the alarm.  Apparently I needed to turn it off, let it sync, and then delete it.  I figured if there's not an alarm, it would've taken it off my fitbit itself.  That wasn't the case.   Every morning, Mon through Fri, at 0545, my fitbit is vibrating.  It doesn't matter if it's a holiday or I'm just taking time off, I will be woken every morning.  This is quite frustrating.

Is there a series of taps or something that will allow a reset?  If not, poorly designed.  Any piece of technology needs to be able to be reset.  Things do go wrong with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community Forums @honorkat! There's no need to perform a Factory Reset, in order t delete a Silent Alarm. Please confirm that you have already deleted your silent Alarm. Check that this image appears on your settings and that you don't have any silent alarms set:

Silent alarm android.jpg 

If you still have a silent alarm set, please delete it and sync your device.

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How can this be an "accepted Solution" to factory reset - the reply gives directions for a restart - which is NOT the same as a factory reset.

Best Answer

I need to perform a factory reset. Something went wrong while I was updating my Alta for the first time. It is a Christmas present and now it does not respond. I can't do anything. Some help would be appreciate. I am not able to understand why is not possible execute a factory reset... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your feedback @bjags, I have removed the restart as an accepted solution. Currently, there's no a factory reset for the Fitbit Alta.

Nice to see you around @MNV! Sometimes the trackers get stuck in the Firmware update and you're unable to continue using it. Try to perform a restart and then start the update again.

Let me know how it goes and welcome to the forums! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am re-gifting my Alta to my husband and want to reset it for him to get his texts, etc on it. How do I do this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did verify, and it had been synced numerous times over the last 4 months.  After calling support, I found that they were able to see it from their side and turned it off.  For kicks and grins, I logged in online and there it was.  So why could I see it online but not through the app?  Most people are going to be using the app since a phone is always with them where a computer is not.  Ridiculous.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've followed all instructionset but what I assume is the calories burned symbol (fire symbol) still says I've burned 885 calories. I've only worn it once and the treadmill says something different. Any thoughts? This Alta didn't come with a manual just told me to download the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes
First you need to delete it from your account... then reset it by hooking it to charger. Reset button is on the side of cord.
With the Bluetooth on it should sink with his phone following prompts

Sent from Carla's iPhone 🌸
Best Answer
0 Votes
Remember a treadmill doesn't have all your particulars on weight, activity level, etc.... I have noticed the same thing and I go with the Fitbit stats

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's good to see new faces at the Community @FitQuestiion@Cmckenna888. Nice to see you again @honorkat and @Carlotta5.

@FitQuestiion, just pair your Alta to your husband's account and your information will be automatically removed from the tracker. 

Thank you for your feedback @honorkat, I've never heard about that discrepancy before. I'm also glad to hear that your issue was fixed. 

@Cmckenna888, threadmill's information won't be the same. As @Carlotta5 mentioned, it doesn't have all your particulars on weight, activity level, etc... You can check Alta's Product Manual.

Thank you for your help @Carlotta5

Thanks for stopping by! Robot LOL

Best Answer
0 Votes
Welcome 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

In which case should this be the solution? The answer was "how to factory reset alta".

Ok, ok - I saw the answer about: "there's no way yet". Really? No way? Honestly? This is annoying!

Best Answer

Keep participating in the Fitbit Forums @Carlotta5Robot LOL You have been really helpful.

Nice to see new members here @maltolomaeus. I have removed the restart process as an accepted solution. As I mentioned before, there's no way to factory reset the Alta yet. 

Thank you for stopping by!

Best Answer
I don't know about a complete reset but by pushing the very small button on the cord while it's plug into Alta and electrical socket for several seconds I have found that to be helpful on a re-adjustment!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Alta has the wrong time - please help

Best Answer
0 Votes
Is it set up with your ph? My follows the time on my phone... make sure you have it sinked. Not sure how it's done if you are connected to your computer
Carlotta

Best Answer
0 Votes

I need to reset information on my Alta. I have not used in the last 6 months and need to make changes. Also, I feel that the feed back as far as steps, calorie etc are presented different from 6 months ago?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have you tried resetting Alta by pushing on small button on charging cord while plugged into Alta?
If I had your problem I think I would remove the 'device' from app... Reset as I stated above...then start from all over using the prompts...
See if this helps get you back on track!

Best Answer
0 Votes

There's no complete reset of the Fitbit Alta but restarting it as @Carlotta5 instructed, works for a lot of scenarios. 

It's nice to see you around @Nypaubie and @Katcat11! You can follow @Carlotta5 advise and you can find more information about how to do it on LucyFitbit's post.

Please let me know how it goes and thank you again for all your help @Carlotta5Robot LOLHeart

Best Answer