Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Alta band breaking

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but this is the second Alta band I've gone through in only about 6 months now. They both start to come up on the side of the Alta itself, and after a couple weeks of that they just tear off completely. The first one I thought might have happened just because I was wearing the device on a snug setting, but this one I have worn slightly looser than I like and it's still breaking. Any advice?

Best Answer
86 REPLIES 86

@ehang  you can just go to Amazon com and search using the name of your device. There's tons to choose from.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Aya, could you share a link? I absolutely refuse to waste my money on Fitbit’s willfully poor replacement “accessories”. (I’m irritated that they even call them that. As if the strap on a **ahem** watch is an accessory! It’s like calling the wheels on a car “accessories”. Like, the thing basically doesn’t effing work out without them.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

There's tons of them to choose from. Just search Fitbit Alta band

Best Answer
Yes, mine has stopped notifying me of texts too. But my amazon-bought band is still going. Fitbit is just a bit**ahem**!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. Thanks for participating in this thread, and I'm sorry for the delay in my response.

I appreciate the time taken to share your thoughts about your Alta and its band. I understand your point of view about the difficulties experienced with your bands, and I'm sorry that you've gone through this situation. Our team often reviews the comments posted in the Community to improve our products, be sure that your feedback will not be taken for granted.

If you have another question, feel free to reply back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are there any plans of redesigning or replacing the sold Alta  models due to the broken bands?

My 4th band just got broken 😡

Best Answer
0 Votes
When I asked them for a replacement band after seeing that others had received them they got in contact with me and asked what colour I wanted - I think I asked for a brown one and got sent a light pink one that was grubby within 2 months and not able to be cleaned so I went back to buying the eBay ones, which fall off if you’re not careful....a lot of people seem to buy the metal ones from amazon and seem happy with them. But the crux of this conversation is that they haven’t fixed this EASILY fixable problem in YEARS and still sell the same old bands....

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
Buy through amazon... cheap and last longer!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Malosc. Welcome on board. @Linda000 and @vancitynat, thanks for stopping by and helping our friend with your suggestions.

@Malosc, thanks for sharing your feedback and I'm sorry for the inconvenience that you've experienced with your bands. Our team constantly works on our products based on the feedback that is posted in the Community to improve them. Given that your band is broken, I've contacted our Support team so they can create a case on your behalf. You should be getting a reply soon.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I would like an answer to your question too.  The Moderator obviously recognises the problem over and over again.  But is there to be any action?   A new band design?  New materials?

So frustrating in the 21st century that FitBit cannot design a band that does not fail after a few months.  I am now onto my third.  The worry is that I will lose the Alta in the sand or bush without knowing it has slipped off.

Best Answer
I bought 12 coloured bands for under 20 dollars on amazon and the first
band has lasted 3 x longer than any of the fit bit bands I had and is going
strong. Love my Fitbit but dont waste any more money on the bands unless
they change them!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for that advice.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm on my second FitBit Alta in the last year and I am having the exact same problem. The band is totally loose so any time I move at all it comes off. So annoying. I was willing to buy a new one in case it was just a random thing that happened with my first one, but my new one started doing it in like a month. Not happy. I won't buy another. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Did you try using a glue to permanently fasten?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did think of trying this, but did not. I simply bought a couple of new bands from a different seller online. So far after three months it is still holding well, so crossed fingers. But just to add to our woes, now my wife's Fitbit band has failed and she has a different type of Fitbit, a HR. But it is the same weakness in design. She's going around with it taped up.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a problem with the band coming loose from the watch on my Alta fitbit.

This is my second Alta & I had the same problem with the first one which eventually fell off my wrist & I lost it.

Does replacing the band help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep it lasts for a little while, then the same problem happens. Some people go for the metal ones from amazon as a stronger alternative. 😳😳 Linda

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer
I bought some cheap bands on eBay and so far they’re much better than the Fitbit branded bands and a fraction of the price. Now the Fitbit itself is losing functionality so I think the whole product is very poor

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

These bands are AWFUL!!  My first was replaced for free after about 9 months under warranty.  The replaced one has again just failed in the EXACT same way as the first - again after about 9 months - but Fitbit will do nothing about it.  The band did NOT break - but both have had the same defect - the band loses its strength to stay connected to the watch.  Was told last year by their customer service rep that there was a problem with the band connection to the watch.  Today's representative denies any problems with connection.  With yesterday's detachment, I actually lost the entire watch but luckily found it after retracing my steps.  Was a fan of Fitbit - but no more!!  Will NEVER recommend any Fitbit to friends based on this customer service interaction.  Off to check on an Apple watch and see what their reputation is.  

Best Answer
I lost my first Fitbit because it dropped off my wrist when the band failed to stay attached to the watch.

My second Fitbit developed the same fault. Fortunately, I didn’t lose it & Fitbit replaced the strap & its ok but I’m not very optimistic.

My daughter’s Fitbit has the same fault & she has had to replace the strap.

Definitely a design fault!!
Best Answer
0 Votes