Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta Fell Off & Now Lost!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am Very Upset! My wife bought me a Fitbit Alta (Black/Large) for an early Father's Day present. I loved it! and was so happy to help me with getting fit.
Well today while out walking at Disneyland it fell off! I haven't even had it 10 days! The strap on this is terrible! If it comes off while walking & limited activity, how are you suppose to do increased activity? You would think there would be a clasp or some kind of lock to keep it from coming off! My wife is upset too since this was the gift she bought for me so she & I could challenge each other to stay active, now it's gone! $129+ for less than 10 days :-(...
Fitbit needs to improve this band!
I sure wouldn't recommend the Fitbit Alta to my friends or co-workers if it falls off that easily!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
127 REPLIES 127

(Revised 3 comment)

My Fitbit is working

Thank you for responding

(revised 2)

Spoke too soon,

My fitbit was lost because of a faulty strap.  For the replacement, I was sent only the strap. 

I contacted Fitbit again.   This time they sent a "pebble" (a tracker).

--------------------------------------

I lost my fitbit in the airport (going through security) and reported it lost as soon as I saw it was missing.   I contacted customer service to no avail.  Then I contacted them through FitBit costomer service a second time.   The woman responding to my email was much more considerate and helpful. She resolved the issue to my satisfaction. 

I recommend recontacting customer service a second time.  

It is important to have details of when and where your fitbit was purchased plus other details. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My three children bought me an alta for Christmas.  My youngest is 17 and works at Krystal's so he saved up.  It fell off today either in the grocery store or the parking lot.  I'm devastated and I was offered a coupon for a new one.  I can't believe they have not fixed this design flaw.  I did not know about the band having issues until too late.  It's sad that you have to immediately purchase another item to keep your alta on your wrist.  Not sure what I'm going to tell my kids at this point.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit issue is resolved.  

I finally recieved the pebble, it works. 

Screen works now, everything is working. 

Thank you, Fitbit for responding.

OH NO! 

I spoke too soon.   Fitbit promised to send a replacement for the one that broke, fell off and was lost.  one. I opened the package to find only the straps.  

But, the whole fitbit was lost.

I contacted customer service again.

A week later they sent a pebble, I was happy they were going to replace it.  I'd only had it a few weeks when it fell off.  It arrived today, but doesn't work. 

I'm dissappointed.  Too bad because I thought it was a great product (when it works. )

I've checked trouble shooting but it doesn't list a black screen with no connection, it's just not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife has a fit bit Alta her family gave her for her birthday.  We were out for a Sunday afternoon walk and it fell off and she didn't realize until we got home.

We walk back over our tracks twice and tried to sync it on her iPhone.  No luck.

Really there should be a better strap to wear this on your wrist. 

The strap is not good and I would not recommend this product for this reason. 

Best Answer

My wife has a fit bit Alta her family gave her for her birthday.  We were out for a Sunday afternoon walk and it fell off and she didn't realize until we got home.  She only had it three weeks. She is very sad.

We walk back over our tracks twice and tried to sync it on her iPhone.  No luck.

Really there should be a better strap to wear this on your wrist. 

The strap is not good and I would not recommend this product for this reason. 

Best Answer
The design is definitely flawed.
It happened to me, fitbit set me another one, then it happened again. ☹ 👎
Best Answer
0 Votes

The design is definitely flawed. 

It happened to me, fitbit set me another one, then it happened again. ☹ 👎

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can buy a band on Amazon that wraps around where the two bands connect on your wrist.  I lost my first fitbit and they sent me another one.  I immediately purchased the safety band and it has saved me twice so far when the fitbit came undone but the band held it on. 

Best Answer

That sounds good,... What is the name of that band?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bitbelt Jr.  Package of 12 in different colors for about $9. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know the feeling.  I bought an Alta for my husband for Christmas and the strap has fallen of several times and the Fitbit is now lost.  We are not happy at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had similar issues with my Alta, and it completely fell off my wrist. I was between a few shops, within that hour and I've looked everywhere. Twice. No manager found anything. 

I bought myself an Alta and my boyfriend a Blaze, a few months ago. Between both of those and Warranties I spent a pretty penny. Quite upset the band would literally disconnect as I'm walking casually. I don't know if it was just mine, it was never easy to close. It's pretty tough pushing the connectors through the band. 

Best Answer

It's a manufacturing design flaw and Fitbit refuses to knowledge it, ever with all the multiple complaints.

At this point, I would just demand a full refund. I received a replacement from Fitbit and it happen again with the second one.
Only because of the Fitbit Challenges I participate with family and friends, I went ahead and purchase the Blaze (don't get it wet). So far the Blaze has stayed on my wrist.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same issues.  My Alta was "lost and found" at least a dozen times. Unfortunately yesterday I lost it on the golf course for good.  

The snap style clasp is very poorly designed.

For the $$ my husband spent for this fitness tracker, it should have been better quality.

Very disappointing....

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you get another, buy the Bitbelt Jr on Amazon.  It's a little band that fits around the armband of the Fitbit and keeps it on even if it comes undone.  If you call Fitbit and follow their procedures for finding it  by downloading an app, they may send you a new one if it truly cannot be located with the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had exactly the same experience. Really pisses me off.

FitBit should have know the new wristband was flawed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I lost my Alta today for good. It fell off a few times before but this time I didn't notice until it was too late.  Defective band for sure.  What do I buy now?  I miss my Alta already.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So sorry to hear that you're Alta is lost. I can't stand the wrist band
but I have been using a hair tie rubber band twisted around a couple of
times as a safety since last year when I lost my Alta. The band has come
unclipped, but it didn't fall off because the rubber band was holding it
together. I do love my Alta, too.

I have thought about buying the metal bracelet style band because it's
really good looking, but I can't see how I could put a safety on to it ...
Thx so I am hesitant.
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you call Fitbit and follow their instructions, they will work with you.  I downloaded the app they told me too to try and find my Alta and when that did not work, they sent me a new one.  I then ordered the Bitbelt Jr. on Amazon for 8.99 which is a tiny band that fits over the clasp and holds it together and that has saved me a handful of times when my clasp has come undone and the Bitbelt held it together.  Call Fitbit - they were very good about working with me. 

Best Answer

They offered me a coupon for 25% off.  I can do better than that price wise.  Alta HR has a better strap so I'll probably get that one.  I miss it, especially the notification of texts and phone calls.

Best Answer