Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta HR display is blank

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Altra HR is charge and is sync to my tablet and that is working fine. But my Altra screen is blank and dark and not working. Please Help !!

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

Hi there @Kimseroo, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having problems with the display on your Alta HR not responding. I'd like to give you a hand with this.

I'd like to know if you have by any chance tried to restart your tracker to see if that makes any difference. If not, You can easily do this by clipping your tracker to the charger and plugging the charger to a USB port on your computer or a wall charger. Then, Press the button on your charging cable three times within four seconds and your tracker should vibrate and show the Fitbit logo. This will make your tracker to reboot.

Let me know if your tracker comes back on by restarting it. If you're still having problems with it after that, let me know. I'll be happy to help you out with this.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
Hi thanks for your reply I've already tried that and hasn't worked still blank .But I can get all the information still on my phone that's working fine ..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue and I have tried all the recommendations and still nothing.  Eager to hear how we can resolve this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. I tried the restart and now the only thing showing on the screen is the battery level. The Fitbit logo never appeared. My Fitbit is communicating with my app, and it does vibrate for notification to move, but the clock and all the other screens are not showing. The green lights on the back come on and flash for a few seconds when I move it but nothing is showing on the display (except now the battery level). I just got my device on November 8, one month ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Same here I've tried Everything. 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me.  THANKS!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I shook off the app and then re-paired and it worked

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally removed the app, re-installed it and then it took four times
trying to restart before it finally worked.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there everyone! Good to see you all in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

@Kimseroo, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support Team for them to help you out. Please, keep an eye on your inbox for more instructions. If you need more help, let me know. I'll be happy to help you out!

@Donbowen @JGNelson @lizgeef I'm happy to hear that you guys are back on track! 🙂 If you ever need more help, let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. It will not reboot. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled app but not successful. It is syncing to my app fine  

Best Answer
0 Votes

okay same thing is happening to mine and it is only about 4 months old but my charger doesn't have a button 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same problem! Tried rebooting several times and uninstalling and reinstalling the app and still no success. Help PLEASE!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Okay I had the same problem. I originally thought I didn't think that my
charger had a button but it does it is by where you plug your USB in to the
plug there is a circle push thing it doesn't look like a button but it is.
so you want to plug your fitbit into the charger then push the button 3 to
4 times and it so reboot. see if that will work. Also how old is your
fitbit?

--
This e-mail is confidential and may contain legally privileged information.
This message is only intended for the recipient and is not to be duplicated
or reproduced without written consent from the author. If you are not the
intended recipient, it may be unlawful for you to read, copy, distribute,
disclose, or otherwise make use of the information herein. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately.
Best Answer
I’ve tried pushing that button to reboot quite a few times over the last couple of days. I can’t remember how old my fitbit is. I know I had a problem with my first alta and they sent me a replacement. So it may be time for a new tracker yet again

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
It probably is time for a new one. sometimes things just stop working.

--
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried resetting by pressing the button on the charger 3 times. It vibrates each time I press the button but the screen still won’t turn on. It shows a full battery in my app. But my screen is still blank. Please help!

Best Answer
most likely you might need a new one

--
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Juju59 @LindseyBickle @Carrie3406 @StressMama Welcome and thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community. Sorry for the delayed response.

Thank you for the time you spent trying to get this problem resolved. 

@LindseyBickle Like you mentioned, the button is where you plug the USB in to the plug as shown in the screen shot below:

9.jpg

@Carrie3406 @StressMama To further investigate your case, I sent your information to Customer Support. Please check your inbox on the next days. They will let you know how to proceed as soon as possible.

If you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact us back.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

I am also having the same issues with a blank screen & have tried the reset as mentioned above with no change. 

my info is still on my app but nothing shows up on my Fitbit screen. 

prior to it going blank 2 days ago, the time numbers at the top of the screen were not clear 

but I could see the rest of it and also see if someone sent a text or who was calling 

could you please send me help from customer service 

thank you 

Best Answer