Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta HR display is blank

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Altra HR is charge and is sync to my tablet and that is working fine. But my Altra screen is blank and dark and not working. Please Help !!

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

Mime is doing the same thing. My best day in a while and it decides to quit 😞  Over 10 k steps. The heart monitor been stuck on 66 for the last few week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with my Alta HR only not only does it have no display, but it does not sync with my phone.  The app tries to sync and will then either say "no device found" or "sync failed".  I have had this unit a little over two years which was a free replacement for my first one which did the same thing after only 6 months.  I have tried everything suggested, but nothing works.  What do you suggest?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SInman @Jillywilly722 @AFRet Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Sorry for the delayed response.

I regret to hear that your Fitbit Alta HR shows a blank screen. Thank you for the troubleshooting steps you performed before contacting us.

To address your case better, I sent this information to Customer Support. Please check your inbox on the next days. They will be happy to provide assistance as soon as possible.

Please let me know if you have any question.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having this problem the last couple days as well.  It's not quite a year old, nearly there next month, but it's syncing fine, and all my stats showing in the app, but the screen on my Alta is black.  It briefly comes on for charging for for a couple minutes here and there but goes back to black?  Not very helpful to not read anything on it until I sync it, and hopefully it will continue to do so.  I've tried resetting it with the charger on the computer a couple times, but still the same?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@cupcakekitty07 Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Sorry for the delay in my response.

Thank you for restarting your device before contacting us.

I created a case with Customer Support to provide assistance. They will get in touch with you on the next days. Thanks for your patience.

Feel free to contact us back at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer

I have restarted it. The green light is blinking but the screen is still blank

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not working 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Arese Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

I regret to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with your Fitbit Alta HR.

I noticed that you've been in touch with Customer Support recently. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to provide assistance.

If you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact us back at any time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The display is blank. I tried rebooting it didnt reboot. Deleted the fitbit now its asking for a 4 digit number and i have no display. Should i throw this now?

Best Answer

I have followed the restart advice but my screen is still blank. I do have the vibrations and green light

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called customer service but not much of a help basically told me if it doesn't reboot then thats it. Offered me a 25% discount for a new one. I had mine more than a year and loved it but unfortunately they only do 1 year warranty for replacement etc.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

They did the same to me. 😞  ... So I refused to purchase another because it stopped shortly after that year. I don't like spending my hard earn money on something that is only going to last a little time past the warranty .  So I tucked it away in a drawer and 1 year later I pulled it out and it started to work again ??? Weird, but it only worked for one day. Then shut back down... This year someone blessed me for my birthday with one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have reset my FitBit, green lights active and still nothing showing in screen. My screen died out is sections over a week's time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, my Fitbit logo came on but is now blank again, if I tap it it has an exclamation mark ? 
Kind regards Jan

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried everything with changing the apps and phone and my issue is my fitbit won't keep the charge. I kept in on the charger fro2 days straight and put it on when i got to work it was blank. also when it is on i can't get any notifications or calls on it ? will they send me a replacement ill send it back?

danihick9655@gmail.com. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Alta suddenly on black screen although on full charge and still syncing to the app. Have tried reset button on USB cable as instructed by other users and nothing happens beyond vibrating. Not even showing battery re-charge.  Customer support any other advice?. Loathed to buy a new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yesterday my Alta HR screen just stopped lighting up. It vibrates, syncs to my app, and the green light is on at the back. It won’t ‘reset’ I’ve tried multiple times. It’s a couple of years old but it’s the best Fitbit I’ve had and I don’t want a new one if I can help it, save the planet and all that. I’ve never had a moment’s trouble with it before this. 

Could customer service please advise?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks to your comment I found the reset button and after pressing multiple times finally got my watch to reset. Thanks again.

Best Answer
0 Votes