Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta HR notifications, iPhone 11.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Had no trouble syncing to iPhone, but now I do not get iPhone message alerts. I know there was a similar problem when Apple watches were synced with a Fitbit. Don't wear the Fitbit all the time, so I miss many messages on my iPhone because there is no audible alert.  Any thoughts?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Applerose It's great to see you around. Thanks for the information regarding the experience that you've had. 

I would like to confirm if you refer that your Fitbit device isn't receiving text notifications?. If not, please provide me with more details about the difficulty that you're experiencing. In the meantime, for more information about notifications, please check the following help article: 

How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device?

Also, please make sure the Fitbit app, your phone, and your Fitbit device are up-to-date. Lastly, provide the model of your iPhone and the version of its operating system. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your quick response.

Yes, my Fitbit receives notifications- never been a problem.  My problem is that there is no audio notifications of messages on my phone.  I don't wear my Fitbit all the time, so I am unaware of messages on my iPhone unless I happen to pick it. Never hear that familiar "chord" sound I always heard before. 

IPhone 11 Pro

IOS 14.2

I'm not sure if all are up-to-date, but generally I would always do so as available, but I will definitely check.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Applerose. It's great to see you around. Thank you for the detailed information you've provided. 

Can you please let me know if you have tried to un-pair text notifications to see if your phone rings when receiving a message?. Are you using a 3rd party app for text messages?. Does this happen just with text and not call notifications?.

If you have tried to un-pair notifications and your phone isn't still ringing or vibrating when receiving a message, I recommend that you please adjust audio or volume on your phone itself. 

Please keep me posted if you have any questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No 3rd party app; just text messages are affected.

No offense to you, but I have certainly tried adjusting audio, volume, muting, etc.

I have not tried (did consider) unpairing.  I always hesitate to undo something that works for fear the "re-doing" will be a problem.  Love having the Fitbit notifications and don't want to lose that.

Thanks so much for trying to help.  I will try the the unparing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Applerose It's good to see you again! Thank you for following the instructions I provided. 

Since you've confirmed that notifications work properly, please don't un-pair them. Instead, I would recommend contacting Apple support since the inconvenience might be related with your phone. Currently; we can't provide troubleshooting steps for the phone itself but the manufacturer can.  

See you around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes