Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta HR won't connect to Fitbit app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Charge HR fell apart after a year. I bought an Alta HR as a gift a while ago and was not able to return it so I decided to use it. Unfortunately, I connected the device to the app on my phone and updated its software but after that it would never sync. I decided to remove it and repair it, and now although the app recognizes the Alta HR and gives me a pairing code it still won't connect.  The app just shows a spinning circle and says connecting, then tells me to check my connections which is stupid because it anything were off it wouldn't give me the pairing code, but still I've checked bluetooth, plugged in the Alta HR, reinstalled Fitbit app on my phone and nothing.  These headaches make me want to try a different brand... This is my 5th Fitbit since 2014 - I almost want to chuck it in the trash and say to heck with it. I hiked Mt Whitney and the Inca Trail and both times my Fitbit just stopped working. Kinda useless but still I keep trying.

Thoughts?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Hi @t_bridges. Good to see you in the Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems getting your Alta HR to connect to your Fitbit app 😕 Thanks a lot for what you've already tried to get it to work!

I would suggest trying one more thing and this is removing your Alta HR from your Bluetooth devices and then to set it up again and see how it goes.

First, I would recommend logging out of the Fitbit app and log back in. Then, go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone. On your connected devices, look for your tracker. Tap on it, then choose the option that says "Forget this device". Then, proceed to set it up as a new device.

For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem.

Hope this helps. Please, let me know if you need more help with this!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I did everything that the person above did, in addition to your suggestion about unpairing in my Bluetooth settings, and still just have a spinning "connecting" screen.

Very frustrating, and I will not be buying another Fitbit product.

Best Answer

@Ash12345  What phone are you using?

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
Samsung S7 Edge with the most recent version of Android.

I've also deleted and reinstalled the Fitbit app so I know I have the most
recent version of that as well.

My last successful sync was 7/3 at 6am.
Best Answer

Ok that one should work fine. Have you removed any devices with bluetooth out of range or turned them off (even if not paired). Have you restarted your tracker several times?

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
I've turned my tracker off and back on and also let it die completely then
fully charged it before attempting to reconnect.

I deleted both my fitbit and the audio to my car. My car immediate paired
again, my Fitbit will not.

It seems very standard that your product just doesn't last beyond a year.
Best Answer

Hi @Ash12345. Thanks for getting back and thanks for trying all our suggestions. At this point, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our Support Team. They will be happy to help you out and get you back on track.

Please, keep an eye on your inbox for more instructions and if you need anything else, I'm here to help.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I have a Alta HR and a Flex 2 and can not get either to connect.  The message says found device but doesn't connect

Best Answer

@Luton What phone are you using?

Community Council Member

Best Answer

I did all of these things. Turned off my phone, restarted the app, turned Bluetooth off and on, restarted the app again. I’ve dine all if this multiple times and still cannot connect. It was previously connected at Christmas when I got it, i took it off for a month or so and now it’s completely gone. I’m using an iPhone 

Best Answer

Honestly I have given up with trying to sync mine. It never works, have tried multiple phones but with no success. It will recognize the device to set up but it when it comes to linking the device with the app nothing happens, just constant thinking. From everything I have read Fitbit have the worst least compatible app and their devices sync with only a small handful of phones.

Best Answer

I'm trying to sync/pair my wife's Alta HR with her samsung galaxy A8.  It used to pair with the tracker but for the last 4 months (!) we have been unable to get the tracker to connect/sync/whatever to the phone.  We get to the 'connecting' page, and then it just spins its wheels for an eternity before it finally admits defeat.

We have done it all: reboot phone, uninstall the fitbit app, new account, restart the tracker, ad nauseam.  Frankly, I would have tossed this item in the trash months ago; but she, for some unfathomable reason, loves the product despite the nonstop communication issues. She bought me a Charge 3, which pairs with samsung A8, but I really don't see the allure of this product given all the issues.  Would never recommend one.

Best Answer

Hi similar to others my Fitbit Alta HR will no longer be recognized by my Samsung S8. It worked fine for 4months and now just provides a code then just circles and logs out. It will recognize my old Alta but not the new one I have been very happy with it but now very frustrated. I have tried every trick suggested many of them twice. So what now?

Best Answer

TLDR; Try running down your fitbit battery then connecting.

My alta HR would not sync to my LG G6 phone after the november 2019 update. I did all the things you're supposed to do then got annoyed and unpaired it. Then I couldn't pair it! Again I did all the things listed in the help documents. I then spent an hour with the helpdesk doing all the things again. I tried a different device instead of my phone. Every time I got as far as entering the 4 digit code and then it would fail. I read on one of these message boards that someone let the fitbit battery run all the way down to nothing and then it worked for them once they charged it back up. I did that (took a few days) and today it PAIRED!! I was so annoyed at the thought of an expensive device lasting only 14 days I was ready to go with another company. I can't believe this solution isn't known/offered by the techs. Hope this helps someone else!

Best Answer

I found a solution for mine. I connected fitbit to USB. Start search on phone. Click the button on fitbit usb right where it connects to your wall or whatever. it will restart. Then it should become discovered, if it gets stuck connecting, restart it by the same process. It worked for me GL!

Best Answer

Wish it worked for my alta HR failed on day 1 of install 3-17-2021 warranty claim should have replacement mid week it will be third device. They offered 50% off different device which would mean I lose the other 50% on a brand new device. If the third one won't connect and pair fitbit should replace with comparable model. Discontinued alta hr while back yet can still but and they warranty. Have Android 11 disconnected after recent app update, new one won't connect won't surprise me if this 3rd alta hr won't connect either. Before they post canned response I've tried everything literally every step every connection. 

Best Answer

Hier idem ,nooit geen fitbit meer

Best Answer

Same issue here, 1 year after purchase.  It seems like an intentional s/w glitch so we upgrade.  There seems to be no remedy other than to ditch this clunky brand.

Best Answer

I have tried all of the suggestions to sync my Altra HR.  I'm really frustrated & mad about this product no longer working.  I'd like tech support with this or I'll be done with this brand for good.

Best Answer