Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta battery draining in a few hours

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In last couple of days my Alta battery is draining within a couple of hours where previously lasted several days.  Have tried resetting but still same problem.

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
126 REPLIES 126
Thank you but I’m away from home and Wong be back until the 24th March. I left my fitbit at home. Could contact me then - regards Steph

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I probably got 2.4 years out of mine. Unsure if I’ll get another fitbit. Looking at alternatives.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Lisariv76, I think I got better than average life because I only sync like twice a day and don’t get a lot of texts and notifications. I’m not at all upset with my Fitbit over battery life, because like I said, all rechargeable batteries degrade. My phones usually last about 2 years before the battery degrades. It would be nice though for Fitbit to acknowledge the simple fact that rechargeable batteries do not last forever!

I also have never upgraded the firmware. Read too many horror stories about that. Maybe that has contributed to the longevity of my Alta? I do love it and will be really sad when it dies.

Best Answer

My Alta is doing the same thing.  It will be fully charged and will just stop working.  When I go to charge it it says my battery is half full.

Best Answer

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @CindyLouWho22@Lisariv76 and @Mrsmui@stephyangg@Jjulie and @Debbie23 let me give you a warm Welcome to our Community.

@stephyangg@Jjulie and @Debbie23 can you please confirm that you have followed our recommendations to improve your Fitbit Alta battery level? At this moment, it's no possible to replace the battery. 

We're always reviewing your responses to provide feedback to our product development team. 

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any more questions, comments, or concerns.

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta hr is suddenly recording VERY high heart rates (example - I got 35 minutes of “exercise” last night with 0 steps - while I was asleep!) and draining the battery in about two hours. WHY?!?

Best Answer

This has been happening to me except I got a brand new Alta yesterday it kept showing a black screen and wouldn't turn on. So I managed to make that work For now .  But my charge will not hold for more than a couple hours . And it shouldn't be because a old battery as this is brand new. 

Best Answer

Let me give you a warm Welcome to our Community @Bluebiteydog and @GraceeeeeeeeeCat Happy

I would like to know if you have already checked this recommendations about your Alta's battery?

@Bluebiteydog, as you may know, your heart rate may be affected by any a number of factors at any given moment. Movement, temperature, humidity, stress level, physical body position, caffeine intake, and medication use are just a few things that can affect your heart rate. Different medical conditions and medications can impact your heart rate as well. For more details you can check this helpful article How do I track my heart rate with my Fitbit device?

Keep me posted with the outcome!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried the battery recommendations. It will now go about 8 hours before it dies. Better but still unacceptable and as it is under warranty I will probably have to return it.

I am aware heart rate varies. But I am not at over 200 heart rate while I am sleeping. No way. No how. In addition I use a Polar Heart Monitor while I work out so it is easy to see the Fitbit is way off. It worked fine for the last almost 9 months and then just went nuts suddenly with battery and heart rate issues.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thank you for getting back to us @Bluebiteydog

I just confirmed that you contacted our Customer Support already. In that case I recommend you to continue the assistance with they. Cat Wink

About the heart rate, please remember that Fitbit trackers use a different formulas and algorithms from other brands to record and track your data. If you were exercising when you noticed discrepancies in your heart-rate readings, the type of exercise or the position of the device may be the cause. I found this post where you can find advice about this. 

If you have any further questions, please let me know!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got a Alta today, charged it up. Flat within 2 hours. Charger broke trying to charge it up (snapped off on the side) and so now I have to actually take it back. I got it today.... it updated firmware today..... I wonder if this is the problem???? It's not a HR.... I turned all notifications off, all day sync off, no alarms, no vibrate and no move alert. 2 hours from full to dead.

My husbands Alta HR lasts 5 days....... go figure.

Now if they sold the One still then I'd be ok with that

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yip - I had three chargers for my Alta - first two snapped at the clip part. Unsure if I’ll get another fitbit - looking at options

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Well got it replaced.. this time the charger held up.. But the charged Alta
lasted 30 mins from full to empty. I'm over this **ahem**. I'll stick with my
garmin at this rate
Best Answer
0 Votes

Buy some chargers on Amazon. They're cheap and hold up better than the originals.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for reaching out and providing your feedback @PinkRayneDrop@Mrsmui and @CindyLouWho22It's not expected that your replacement device fails, I'm sorry to hear that you were experiencing that. 

Your feedback is appreciated, it's very important for us to read what are you experiencing. Fitbit is always reviewing your responses to provide feedback to our product development team so thanks for sharing. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Have a nice weekend!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Alta is now starting to act up also. Not sure how old it is. Anyone have a good experience after you've submitted a compliant/ review of your issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm lucky to get 12 hours out of mine. I have to charge it daily, it overrides the step count on my flex and will remove thousands of steps because of this.

I'm so over it. Hubby's Alta HR lasts almost a week on one charge... mine has no HR, nothing activated... like notifications, vibrate, alarms, all day sync.... and yet it's still the worst device I've ever encountered. No wonder it was selling cheap. Now they don't even make them? I can't buy a One.... I can't buy a flex 1 or 2 and now I wont be able to replace this one?

Best Answer

Welcome aboard @kKimmy! I’m glad that you’ve joined us. Have you already checked our recommendations to improve your Fitbit Alta battery level? 

@PinkRayneDrop, I just confirmed that you're in contact with the Fitbit Support Team. I recommend you to continue the assistance with they as the Support Team can look into this situation further and provide you with some options. Thanks again for your patience and working through these situation. 

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any more questions, comments, or concerns. Have a nice weekend! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having a similar issue. I charged mine overnight, and then today, about 9 or 10 hours after being off the charger, it died, presumably with full battery. I need this Fitbit for a college class, and this is a massive inconvenience. I’ve had the product about 4 months.

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you have it less than a year; Fitbit will replace yours because it’s still under warranty. I received a not so good discount to get another one. Just $20 off. I ordered another one.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes