Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta battery draining in a few hours

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In last couple of days my Alta battery is draining within a couple of hours where previously lasted several days.  Have tried resetting but still same problem.

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
126 REPLIES 126

Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums @Kbartells1 ! I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a similar issue and that you can't use your Fitbit for your college class. Thanks for the details you shared. If you haven't done so, please verify that the tracker is charging as it should, by following the steps on the article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? Let me know how it goes! Robot Happy

Welcome to the forums to you too @Chandlerch75 ! Thanks for sharing your experience with Customer Support, please note that they work based on the warranty policies, if you have any doubts about the discount provided, I will recommend to contact them again. I hope you will enjoy your new Fitbit. I will be around if you need anything else! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

i’m experiencing the same problem. please send me the email  

Best Answer

Almost a year later and my Alta is still doing fine with an every other day charge. It keep hanging in there!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is also happening to me. My Alta HR fitbit drains my iphone battery in 2-3 hours. I turned the fitbit off and my iphone battery lasts 2 days. I turned back the fitbit on, rebooted it and the same thing continues to happen. It drains my iphone battery. This unit is defective. HELP!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. Too many problems with the Alta HR fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The fitbit quickly drains the battery life on your phone that it is synced to. It drains the phone battery with 2-3 hours and when I trouble shoot the matter with fitbit, their customer service suggest a barrage of different options, reboot, recharge, turn off all day sync and nothing improves. My iphone battery is drained by the fitbit sync. Fitbit Alta HR is a very Poor product. This should not be sold anymore until they resolve the issue and stop scamming people.

Best Answer

When Fitbit Alta stops retaining its charge is there a solution?

Best Answer

Is there something that can be done to fix this?  My Alta went from staying charged multiple days to less than a full day.  

Best Answer
The same thing happens to mine.
Best Answer

Fitbit denies that this is happening so we are out of luck.

Moderator Edit: All-caps

Best Answer

Same thing is happening with my Fitbit. It's garbage. I will never buy another Fitbit device - they aren't meant to last. 

Best Answer

Agreed - obviously not made to last!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fitbit claims that they have not heard of this. Lots of people are complaining that the battery on their iphone is drained from the alta HR activity.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kwtaylor How old is your Alta? Mine was a couple of years old when it quit holding a charge for 5 days. I retired it in December and after 3 years it needed a charge every other day. For a rechargeable battery, that isn’t a bad life span, so I can’t complain. But less than 1 day does seem extreme.

Best Answer

@deeper you really should put this on a new thread. This one is about the Alta holding a charge, not about draining the phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve had it a couple of years. Loved it. No problems until now
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is lasting less that 5 days!!  Why is this happening?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My battery is very confused the app says it's 82% charged the battery says its empty if I charge it the unit shows as fully charged although the app still says 82% and the unit drains in half an hour. Is there a way of puchasing and fitting a new battery? I dont want to throw the whole thing away and replace it with something else due to a degraded battery.

Best Answer

Im also having issues with my Alta fitbit.  Its just reached its second birthday and since then doesn't appear to be charging correctly.  The display goes off and both time and steps are not recorded but when put on to charge it shows the battery to be at least 3/4 full.  When synced, the time resets itself but not the missing steps.  At the moment it needs charging every day and sometimes the charge only lasts 3 or 4 hours.  Has anyone been given a solution by fitbit themselves or is it a case of another item being 'disposable'. its a shame as I use it with friends to record steps in a couple of the challenges and at the moment I can't compete. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem, must charge every few hours 

Best Answer