Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta battery draining in a few hours

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In last couple of days my Alta battery is draining within a couple of hours where previously lasted several days.  Have tried resetting but still same problem.

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
126 REPLIES 126

@Dhiam @Mrsmui @the3amigos @Jeff80534 Thanks for visiting the Fitbit Community.

@Dhiam @the3amigos I created a case with Customer Support to further evaluate your situation. Please check your inbox on the next days. They will let you know how to proceed as soon as possible.

@Mrsmui Please perform a restart to your Tracker by following these steps.

@Jeff80534 Please be so kind to confirm that you have followed our recommendations to improve your Fitbit Alta battery level.

If  you have any question, please let us know.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried resetting the device by pressing the reset button 3 times.  I never got the logo so i don't believe that it reset. I have also cleaned the terminals.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jeff80534 Thanks for the response.

In order to investigate this situation I wrote Customer Support. They will be in touch with you soon. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Keep on stepping.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EdsonFitbit wrote:

@Dhiam @the3amigos I created a case with Customer Support to further evaluate your situation. Please check your inbox on the next days. They will let you know how to proceed as soon as possible.

Thanks for the feedback, EdsonFitbit. However, my Alta is completely dead and won't charge at all now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Albeitcharging the Fitbit shows fully charged the battery drains completely in a few hours, even tried overnight whilst sleeping should be little drainage but by morning flat fully drained...what is wrong with my Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @the3amigos, please check your inbox on the next days. Our team will be in contact with you as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

@SunriseRun412 Welcome to the Fitbit Community. I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Alta is not holding a charge. I opened a case for you with Customer Support. They will let you know how to proceed.

Please don't hesitate to contact us at any time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit is not maintaining battery life. Lately, it’s only lasting one day. I have had this Fitbit Alta for almost three years. How do I resolve this? I can’t reset it. 

Best Answer

Three years is awesome! After two years, mine needs charging every other day and that seems to be common with other comments on these boards. Rechargeable batteries don't last forever, but I had hoped for more than 2 years. Maybe I can make it to 3 years too before mine gives out completely.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Chandlerch75 Welcome to the Fitbit Community. I noticed that you contacted Customer Support already. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to provide assistance as soon as possible.

@CindyLouWho22 Before getting in touch with Customer Support, I would appreciate if you confirm that you have followed these troubleshooting steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EdsonFitbit Perhaps you missed the fact that I first posted about this well over a year ago. Customer service is no help. And being well out of warranty, the best I can get is a small discount for a new product. Someone should just admit that the batteries get old and don't hold a charge as well as they did when new. Because that seems to be exactly what happens. I really don't require any further help from Fitbit, but thanks for responding.

Best Answer

Thanks a lot for getting back @CindyLouWho22 and thanks for sharing your feedback with us! It's very valuable.

If you ever need any type of assistance, count on us!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Experiencing the same! And mine wouldn't sync either!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has finally died / ditched it! 😞

Best Answer

Hi there @Omega_123 @Mrsmui, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm very sorry to hear that you're also having problems with your Fitbit Alta draining the battery faster than it should. I'd like to help you guys out.

I can recommend putting your tracker to charge and once it's fully charged, take it off the charger and put it on. Sync it and use it as you would normally do. Make sure to sync it frequently after this (every one or two hours at least) so that the battery levels are recorded on the app logs and once the battery dies, let me know so that I can take a closer look and then we can move forward with other options to get you back on track.

I'll be looking forward for your reply!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks big too late - completely died on me!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Mrsmui! I'm very sorry to hear that your tracker died 😕

I'd like to help you out with this. If you're okay with it, I'd like to escalate your case to our Support Team for them to share the alternatives available.

Please, let me know if this is something you'd like me to do. I'll be looking forward for your reply!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here! I've had mine for about 3 years and recently the battery dies so quickly. And if I take it off before I take a shower, it's dead by the time I put it back on and then I have to connect the charger to reset it. It's weird though because when I connect it to the charger, it says it has at least half a battery charge. 

Best Answer

Sadly, my fit bit is also no longer holding a charge.  Is there a life span to the rechargeable batteries?  Can they be replaced?  Thanks!

Best Answer

Jjulie, as with all rechargeable batteries, there is going to be a lifespan. So far as I know, Fitbit has never acknowledged this. The battery in my Alta started degrading after about 1.5 years. It’s almost at 2.5 yrs old now and still holds the same 3 day charge, so I’m going to guess maybe 3 years might be a good estimate. 

Best Answer

I agree. The rechargeable batteries degrade with time and Fitbit has completely failed to acknowledge this. I spent a lot of time going back and forth with customer service “troubleshooting” the issue, and not once did they admit that it’s an ongoing issue. (In the end they just offer a small discount on the purchase of another.)

If you go through the many posts about these issues, I think most are lucky to last two years. Mine last 15 months before needing to be charged after less than 4 hours of use. You should count yourself lucky - I think 3 years is incredibly rare!

Best Answer