Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta dies while battery full

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

8 hours after being fully charged, Alta synced and said "Battery Full".  Then within minutes, it died, with a green full battery sign and blinking ((.)) sign.

The only way to revive it is to recharge it, but the problem repeats.

The problem apparently occurred suddenly.  The tracker has been restarted multiple times, but the issue not resolved.

Dying battery for a tracker used for a little over a year?

Very frustrating... who wants to buy it if the battery will not last and cannot be replaced?

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Same thing.   They can only offer me a 25% discount at their online store, even though the current Betsbuy promotion is the same price... 

My Alta will show a full charge, and an hour later it just powers down.  Plugging it in turns it back on.  Rinse and repeat.   It seems to shut off when it gets to around 80% battery life.

It is almost like the software is only allowing a 20% battery charge maximum, yet displaying 100%.

Planned obsolescence?

Best Answer

I have had my Ulta for several years and all of a sudden it dies.  When I charge it, it shows plenty of battery life.  This happens several times a day.  Unfortunately when I reset it, it loses all the steps that I took that day.  This is not a battery problem, it is dying even with full battery.  It is very frustrating.  Please advise.  

Best Answer

My Alta HR is a little over 2 years old.  In the past 6 months it has been going through the same type of issue.  It all started after an update when the messaging and texts would not sync with a new iphone/apple update.

It is fully charged, works for a few hours, then shuts off.  When I plug it in it will not come on until I reset the device. The battery is usually at 50% or more.  I keep it plugged in for a while and then it all starts over again. 

SO very frustrating.  

But I guess if these kind of things did not happen, then we would not have to buy a new device from Fitbit and keep them in business.

Best Answer

Mine is almost 3 years old same problem. I just put it back on the charger, and it's fine. Sucks, but I'll keep it to be good to the environment.

Best Answer
0 Votes