Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta not syncing steps and the screen isn't working.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit is charged and connected but it won't log my steps and the touch screen isn't working either. Any suggestions? Thanks

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Auntietrisher Welcome to the Community Forums! 

Is your Fitbit tracker syncing the rest of your data? Such as calories, active minutes or distance? Make sure to confirm that your Fitbit device is syncing properly. Otherwise, I would recommend following these troubleshooting steps: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

For the screen, if you have restarted your Fitbit, then please let me know if the display stopped working completely or if it doesn't respond to taps. 

Keep me posted if you have any questions. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the info. My fitbit does not track any data. The screen doesn't respond to me tapping it or when I raise my wrist to check the time. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Auntietrisher It's great to see you around! Thank you for the information and for the steps you've tried. 

I’ve created a support case for you. You should receive an email from Customer support. Note that we may take a bit long to get back to you due to recent events affecting our operations. 

Have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happens to me too , my Fitbit is syncing and is fully charged but will not respond to tapping or when I rotate my wrist. It only works if my Fitbit is on charge. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @libbyfmp Welcome to the Community Forums! 

I have also created a case for you. Our support team should get in touch with you soon. 

Have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes