Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta turning off out of the charger

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit alta has stopped working as soon as its being Unplugged from the charger.Even after tapping it multiple times,it is not reponding as if its dead and as soon as its plugged with charger,Its battery in fitbit app shows that its fully charged and synced but when unplugged,its not working at all.

Help me as soon as possible!

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity, format

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

I'm sorry for the difficulties experienced with your Alta, and appreciate every step tried prior to posting. Our team constantly works to improve our devices, and the input we receive from our members is a big part of the process. Please know the comments shared in this thread haven't gone unnoticed and will be forwarded to the right team.

If the issue persists after trying the suggestions described in this help article, I'd recommend contacting our Support team to see if there is anything else that can be done to help you out. They're available via chat and phone, just click here to get connected with them.

I wanted to inform you that I'm going to close this thread from further comments. However, if you have another question, I'd invite you to create a new thread in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community. You can always check our Help Site where you'll find information about our products and features, as well as troubleshooting steps.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
239 REPLIES 239

Mine too

Best Answer

I have one that is doing the same exact thing!

Best Answer

My device is fully charged but it is not tracking

Best Answer

Hello @Nancy0317, @lynziemarie29, @Srishti97, and @Lmsb1929 this problem I believe is beyond what your fellow Fitbit users will be able to help with, so I have called for a moderator to help out.

I'm the mean time my thought would be to confirm that your Alta if charging. Did it vibrate when plugging in? 

Have you tried cleaning the contacts on both the Alta and charger, using isopropyl alcohol? I apply with a price of paper.

Best Answer

Yes it vibrated showed it charging. The next morning shows it is full will sync with my phone. And then an hour later is dead as a door nail

Best Answer

This is the same thing that has been happening with my Alta.  I've been taking the charger to work because it's been dying in the middle of the day. But this afternoon after it showed that it was fully charged, I unplugged and the screen stayed dark. It didn't count steps for the rest of the afternoon/evening.

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same. It will track for a while, then go black.  Putting it on the charger for a mini Ute brings it back to life.  I’m going to see what chat support tells me

Best Answer
Mines same. They tild me ti plug into charger hit button on charger 3 x
with a pause between, within a few seconds to reset it. It didn't help
mine. So they said my warranty expired and they couldn't do anything. But
did offer a 20% off coupon for a new one. It its not going to last why get
a new one?
Best Answer

I was told the same. But reading more threads I see that doesn’t work.  Mine is definitely out of warranty.  

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue wrote:

Hello @Nancy0317, @lynziemarie29, @Srishti97, and @Lmsb1929 this problem I believe is beyond what your fellow Fitbit users will be able to help with, so I have called for a moderator to help out.

I'm the mean time my thought would be to confirm that your Alta if charging. Did it vibrate when plugging in? 

Have you tried cleaning the contacts on both the Alta and charger, using isopropyl alcohol? I apply with a price of paper.

Yes,Its vibrating and charging  and infact synced as well but not at all working when taken out from charger. Still its not working. Also I tried to call for support,Its also of no use as I am not able to contact.

Best Answer

This is happening to my phone

Whats the answer

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up on my Alta. It would only turn on when plugged into charger. I would have to keep tapping it to keep it on once on my wrist. The minute the screen turned off it would stop working. I gave in and purchased a Charge 3 instead of the Apple Watch I was thinking of buying. It’s been just one day with Charge 3 and so far it’s ok.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Good luck!  😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started having the same issue a few days ago. It works for a while the needs to be put back on the charger. It displays a version and the charges and work for a few hours more.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Great to have you all in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm very sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Fitbit Alta trackers turning off when you take them out of the charger. Now, I'd like you to please confirm a few things for me.

-When you take it out of the charger, does your tracker tell you that the battery is low and then turns off or the battery remains the same but it turns off? 

-When you put it in the charger, does it turn back on?

In either case, I would ask you to please give your Alta a quick restart in the case you've not done it yet. You can easily do this by clipping your tracker to the charger and plugging the charger to a USB port on your computer or a wall charger. Then, Press the button on your charging cable three times within four seconds and your tracker should vibrate and show the Fitbit logo. This will make your tracker to reboot.

If you're still having the same problem after this, let me know. I'll be happy to help you out!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

when i take it out of charger,the battery remains the same and it turns off and when i put the charger it turn back on. I already have performed the reset process but still it isnt working. Please suggest some other way

Best Answer
What do I do next

Steve and Gloria Shiverdecker
Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing has happened to mine. It started on Friday (02.02.19).

Please help!

Best Answer
I think they r phrasing us out.
Best Answer