Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta turning off out of the charger

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit alta has stopped working as soon as its being Unplugged from the charger.Even after tapping it multiple times,it is not reponding as if its dead and as soon as its plugged with charger,Its battery in fitbit app shows that its fully charged and synced but when unplugged,its not working at all.

Help me as soon as possible!

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity, format

Best Answer
239 REPLIES 239
Its working today

Steve and Gloria Shiverdecker
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody, I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Alta is not working properly.

@shivams Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thank you for restarting your Fitbit Alta before getting in touch. Please be so kind to confirm that you have followed these troubleshooting steps

@205831 Thanks for visiting the Fitbit Community. I'm glad to hear that your Fitbit Alta is working fine today. Hope it continues working fine from now on.

@ttijero Welcome to the Fitbit Community. I noticed that you contacted Customer Support. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to provide a solution as soon as possible.

@lynziemarie29 Thanks for your comments. We are constantly working to improve the Fitbit experience and appreciate the feedback from the users.

If you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact us at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is exactly the same, I have tried all the troubleshooting recommendations, but it looks like it won't even restart properly. Mine is not vibrating at all even though it shows that it is charging, not sure if this means it's not charging properly? I'm out of warranty, just hope that there is some way to repair it...

Best Answer

How do I get a replacement alta?

Best Answer

Mine is exactly the same, I leave it charging for hours and whilst charging it seems to work fine when tapping the screen.  When I remove it from the charging cable it just dies nothing at all.  I have tried all the troubleshooting recommendations, but it looks like it won't even restart properly. Mine is not vibrating at all even though it shows that it is charging,  I'm out of warranty, just hope that there is some way to repair it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried the reset and the problem persists. The Alta resets each time I plug it in to charge. It works for a few hours and then turns off. The app is indicating that it is fully charged when I sync the Alta. I must sync it each time to correct the time.

Best Answer

@Jemby @Cedzmom @Debbiecrane @tonyc257 Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thank you for trying to get the issue resolved before contacting us. Currently, there is no Fitbit reparation center to take the Fitbit Tracker to, however in order to evaluate your case the Customer Support will be in touch with you soon. Please check your inbox on the next days.

Feel free to contact us at any time.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you please suggest me the ways to troubleshoot my device. I am reallY disappointed by the COMPANY

Best Answer

Hi there @shivams, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your Fitbit Alta. Would you please be so kind to tell me what is going on exactly? The more details you provide, the better for us to be able to help you out!

I'll be looking forward for your reply!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought this for my daughter and it’s doing this out of the box. So frustrating. I restarted and still no dice. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the community @Kaileysmom has the Alta been setup yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes
The device will not work unless plugged into the charger. I have cleaned the contacts and it is registering as fully charged but when removed from the charger it is dead does not respond to taps or record steps.  

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

My watch fit bit does not come on even when the battery is ful.

@FerdinandFitbit wrote:

Hi there @shivams, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your Fitbit Alta. Would you please be so kind to tell me what is going on exactly? The more details you provide, the better for us to be able to help you out!

I'll be looking forward for your reply!

Best Answer
0 Votes

So my Alta is doing the same, it is fully charged and I cleaned contacts. Works while plugged in but as soon as it’s unplugged it quits working. I did also restart it. It didn’t vibrate after taking restarting it but showed the Fitbit logo and the version #. Can you help any further?

Best Answer

Steve and Gloria Shiverdecker

Have you found a cure yet

Moderator Edition: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

No still not working

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine still isn’t working. I’ve reset several times. It shows full battery but when you take it off charger, it just will not respond to taps. My spouse has one and doesn’t have this issue. It’s a genuine Fitbit charger. I hit reset button 3 times within seconds and all I get is a full battery pic. No logo. This is a gift. I hate not wearing it or telling someone sorry you bought me a pice of crap that doesn’t work. How can I fix this ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any chance that this could be a software update bug? I hadn’t worn mine for a while and then when I put it on it started doing this and I’ve never had any issues in it in the two years I’ve had it? I’ve tried all the troubleshooting things that were suggested and cleaned it really well and I am still not having any luck at getting it to respond once I take it off the charger.

Best Answer

I have tried this and also removing it from my phone and nothing is happening. Does this mean that it is junk now??

Best Answer

Alreay mentioned!My fitbit alta switches off automatically when removed from the charging. I have already followed the restart process but havnt found any solution. Kindly please help me

Best Answer
0 Votes