Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta turning off out of the charger

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit alta has stopped working as soon as its being Unplugged from the charger.Even after tapping it multiple times,it is not reponding as if its dead and as soon as its plugged with charger,Its battery in fitbit app shows that its fully charged and synced but when unplugged,its not working at all.

Help me as soon as possible!

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity, format

Best Answer
239 REPLIES 239

Same here! Come on, Fitbit - fix it! 

I am having the exact same issue and have tried all the same things,  Bummed. 

JuanJoFitbit_0-1629901103849.png

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

That was exactly what happened to me—I gave up. I don’t understand why they would alienate so many customers—if mine had lasted a decent amount of time I would have upgraded, but this is just sleazy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The screen is blank, I cannot get it to turn on. FUlly charged and will sink, I have worn it with the blank screen and I cleaned the contacts with alochol and tried to turn it to "restart"  pushed the button as told three times in 4-5 seconds and vibrated each time but did NOT restart. My e-mail to reply to is: rsherwood@rsu1.org

Best Answer
0 Votes

My son (15) wanted to try out a Fitbit and so we have given him two old Altas to try but both have been experiencing this problem.
Both were dormant for a number of months before we gave them to him.
We have done numerous resets and such as per advice on this forum but neither seem to be working once disconnected from the chargers, even when they claim to be fully charged.

Even if fully charged, once disconnected they remain blank and when re-connected to the charger they show the Fitbit logo as if restarting and do not register any data collected in between.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here , tried restarting multiple times, no luck.

Best Answer
No help from the FitBit people.
They want you to buy a new one. (Planned Obsolescence?)

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I am having the same issue and from others experience it seems like nothing can be done to resolve issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Alta is doing a similar thing. It works after I take it off the charger but if I take it off when I go to bed I have to put it on the charger before it will start working again. It is charged and I have reset it. It's less than a year old so I could  probably get a replacement....not sure I want one though.  Frustrating!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure if this was resolved in another thread.

My alta is doing the same, It dies out and needs t replugged into the charger.  Once plugged in, it shows full battery life.  I tried the reset steps you suggested and still experiencing the same issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, 

I've been having the same issues as the majority of the fitbitters who have made comments on the forums.  I bought my Alta fitibit in early 2019 and in the past month and a half I have tried to get my Fitbit to work but it just won't cooperate. I have charged it (vibrates when I connect it) and it charges to 100% and then I take it off the charger it says full battery then 30mintues later I check to see if everything is good, it's off.  I have roamed the forums and reset the Fitbit while it is charging and it works for a short amount of time and then goes back to the way it was before I reset it.  

I also have had issues with it stalling in the "charging" mode when it is off its charging cable. I don't want to buy another fitness tracker considering I've had this one for just over a year. 

Please advise. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After many, many attempts, I came to the conclusion that the restart advice from Fitbit is just an exercise to keep our fingers busy so we don’t phone and bother them. 

Apparently they don’t have any idea why these Fitbits all bricked. Not their problem. 

I gave up and bought a Garmin. It actually works!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I'm about to throw mine in the garbage. And I will be bad mouthing them on social media. Maybe that will stir them up a little. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Yes Fitbit use to be a good product.  Emphasis on "used to be".

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have 2 fitbit Altas. They do not charge at ALL. I have contacted support case # 36029663 and case #36105486. In the first case, the agent told me to buy the original fitbit chargers from the fitbit website. So I bought them and now I am trying to charge them. They do not charge. Now Mike from the second case is telling me they are broken and there is nothing he can do but give me a 40% off discount on a new one. 

Basically if you bought one of these and they do not work you are crap out of luck if you know what I mean. I will never buy another one of these again and I will make it a point to tell everyone I know about the crappy product and service. 

Mike:Since we have exhausted all the available troubleshooting steps and the Fitbit already passed the 12 months warrnty period
Mike:What I can do in order to help you, is provide a 25% discount to get a new brand Fitbit device in our website www.fitbit.com
Mike:Also, when the Fitbit Versa Lite is selected (Mulberry), this discount will count as a 40%.
Mike:How does it sound?
Me:doesnt sound very good to me at all. So I guess your products only last for a year?
Me:its not your fault but thats pretty crappy
Me:plus I just bought 2 new chargers for these stupid things

Best Answer
I do understand. So frustrating.

Stay Blessed!
Cynthia
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Rotten that they managed to get an extra few bucks from you for new chargers as a parting gift. 😡

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am sending the chargers back with the **ahem** fitbits. They can have them

Best Answer
0 Votes
Right.....SO ANNOYED!!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same issue that you posted as well as a lot of others. In the past it has happened, and the reset button has worked for me. Not this time. I decided to sync it and see if that would help. When I entered my login info, it just kept spinning and spinning. After 10 minutes, I just decided to delete the app off my phone and download it again. After I did that, my fitbit was fine. It is now working. It was not showing before I deleted it that any updates were needed. It may or may not work for you, but it's worth a try.

Best Answer
Thanks

--
_The information transmitted herein is intended only for the person or
entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material.  If you received this in error, please contact the
sender and delete the e-mail and any attachments from any computer._
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. I did keep it even after getting a new tracker but think I will try just to see.

Best Answer
0 Votes