Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta turning off out of the charger

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit alta has stopped working as soon as its being Unplugged from the charger.Even after tapping it multiple times,it is not reponding as if its dead and as soon as its plugged with charger,Its battery in fitbit app shows that its fully charged and synced but when unplugged,its not working at all.

Help me as soon as possible!

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity, format

Best Answer
239 REPLIES 239
You would hope so I would like to use mine if they come up with a fix.

Steve and Gloria Shiverdecker
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm taking mine back this morning. I've only owned it for about 16 hours. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I'm experiencing the issue, even after restarting. 

Once fully charged my fitbit Alta will work for a few hours. My phone shows its not synced. I'll put it back on the charger and it the screen works, phone shows it is synced and battery power is about half (typically my battery would last a lot longer). Suggestion?

Best Answer

Hello @Chores2do@Maggie352, and @205831 thanks for getting back to me and for restarting your devices as suggested, I'm sorry to hear that didn't work. I have created a case for each one of you, our support team will be in contact shortly, please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Hi @mcfort ! Thanks for restating your Fitbit too and for sharing what happened with the support team after I created your case. I'm happy to hear that you will receive a replacement, I hope you will enjoy it soon. 

Nice to see your around @Sawyer66, maybe you can try on the next update, but as you have already been in contact with customer support I suggest you and @Cedzmom to contact them again if you have any doubts. 

Welcome to the Community forums @Jwolfe82 ! Thanks for sharing what is happening to your Fitbit, for all the troubleshooting you have done and for all the details you provided, I opened a case for you to as you have as well restarted the Fitbit with no avail. 

Please let me know if any of you needs anything else! Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine as well! It's one month old

Best Answer
0 Votes
It seems that the customer service rep I spoke with felt it was something I had done. Which I hadn’t done anything different in the 2.5 years I had it. I believe this is on them being there are so many of this with the same issue. Does anyone know when their will be a new update? I took advantage of the 25 % off a new Fitbit. D got the Charge 3. Wondering if they screwed something up and many devices don’t work but are still making money by offering a discount and saying it’s our fault. I take good care of my things and only used this at work.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I will not buy another one

Best Answer

Tried suggested reboot. Still not working. Is it a coincidence that so many are having the same problem? What’s going on Fitbit?

Best Answer

Hi @AlexandraFitbit Just would like to clarify that I am not "receiving a replacement". I returned mine and bought a Versa. I am hoping I have not been foolish in giving Fitbit another try and wont have the same difficulties. Cheers

@AlexandraFitbit wrote:

Hello @Chores2do@Maggie352, and @205831 thanks for getting back to me and for restarting your devices as suggested, I'm sorry to hear that didn't work. I have created a case for each one of you, our support team will be in contact shortly, please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Hi @mcfort ! Thanks for restating your Fitbit too and for sharing what happened with the support team after I created your case. I'm happy to hear that you will receive a replacement, I hope you will enjoy it soon. 

Nice to see your around @Sawyer66, maybe you can try on the next update, but as you have already been in contact with customer support I suggest you and @Cedzmom to contact them again if you have any doubts. 

Welcome to the Community forums @Jwolfe82 ! Thanks for sharing what is happening to your Fitbit, for all the troubleshooting you have done and for all the details you provided, I opened a case for you to as you have as well restarted the Fitbit with no avail. 

Please let me know if any of you needs anything else! Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums @Gvb9 ! I'm sorry to hear that your Fitbit Alta is turning off out of the charger too. Thanks for letting me know how much time you have had it. Can you please try the restart to see if it helps? 

Thanks for coming back @Sawyer66 and for sharing your experience with customer support. I appreciate your feedback. Nice to hear that you took advantage of the 25% to receive a Charge 3. I will recommend to contact customer support again if you have any inquiries about what they offered you. Please note that they work guided by our warranty policies. About the update, our développement team does updates regularly, I don't have an specific date with you can expect one in the near future. 

@205831 thanks for the feedback. 

Welcome to the Community to you too @SC816! Thanks for doing the restart as suggested. I've created a case for you too. Please keep en eye on your inbox, you will receive an e-mail on our behalf soon. 

Hi @mcfort ! Thanks for clarifying, I'm sorry about the misunderstanding. I hope anyways that you can take advantage of your Versa, I have one and it works fine! Woman Happy

I'll be around if you need any help! Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I’m having exactly the same issues as described by others.

My Fitbit is 9 months old, had my last one 4 years before it died...

I tried all fixes suggested and nothing works. The moment it’s taken of the charger (battery completely full btw) it completely shuts down .

Contacted Fitbit support 3 days ago and no reply yet. 

If so many people are facing this there must more to it or at least a solution ?

thx 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
They sent me a new one because fitbit guaranteed for 2 years. They should answer your message soon.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I totally hear your frustration and I believe it’s something with an update or something they did because everyone is having the issue and not getting anywhere other than getting a discount on a new Fitbit. When you pay that much you expect something to last. I finally replaced mine with the Charge 3 but think being they aren’t selling the Ulta’s now that was a good way to market to get people to switch over. I am a little bitter as I am a loyal customer when i get a good product!!! Sorry this isn’t helpful in fixing your situation.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I think most of us have tried the restart/recharge advice to the letter. The 25% off a new one option is not acceptable.so far, those are the only answers we’re receiving. 

Mine is charging when plugged in, but the screen is only live for a few seconds, then all is black. 

I love my fitbit, but it seems that there are many hundreds of us experiencing the same thing after upgrading your firmware.

My question is this: What are you going to do about this? 

Best Answer

Hi,

honestly I don’t know what to do about it... (if that question was directed to me and not Fitbit 😉) I’m still waiting for some kind of a reply from them .. 

I’m an active Fitbit user since 2014 and really love it.. I use it not only for tracking my steps or activity but as watch/ alarm and really miss it now....

I’m just not ok to pay for a new one.. or even get a discount... even if they send me a new one... (as still under warranty ) I live currently in the Middle East, how long will that take? 

There is obviously an issue at their end and I feel Fitbit needs to take some accountability...

Hopefully support contacts me soon to see what next steps are... but very disappointed...

Best Answer

Sorry—not directed at you! I’m new to the group.

I was hoping to hear from Fitbit that they’re working on the problem, and I wonder how many people are affected outside of this group. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi all,

My original post was months ago.
The people at fitbit sent me a replacement because my watch was less than 2 years old. The service was excellent.
Please contact fitbit directly.
Keep walking !!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Maggie!

I’m happy to read your issue got solved.

although you post was from months ago many Fitbit users are experiencing the same right now. So let’s hope we get the same service you did!!

yes! Keep walking! 

Best Answer

Yes, Alta is being phased out, to be replaced by the Inspire.. does not mean you dump the Alta users..

apparently there will not be a resolution to the Alta issue. Trust me after my many calls, emails , it seems like they are instructed to reply that they have not heard of this problem! Being told to press the charger button 3 times (hahaaahhha) oh wait and told to change my view from horizontal to vertical!!!! What???

Fitbit take responsibility! 

Boeing comes to mind... just saying.

Best Answer

Thank you

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer