Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta turning off when battery is full

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Alta switches off the moment its charging plug is removed. I have tried restarting it by pressing the micro switch three times within 8 seconds, however after rebooting also the problem persists. Moreover, the display works when it is plugged on and shows the battery as fully charged, However moments after removing the charging plug, it goes dead and no amount of taping is able to bring it to life. This problem started exactly a year after flawless performance. Please help 

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
85 REPLIES 85

Hi there @Jinal, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your Alta turning off all of a sudden. Thanks for all you've tried. I'll be happy to help you out.

I've gone ahead and escalated your case to the Support Team for them to help you out with this. Please, keep an eye on your inbox for more instructions and if you need anything else, I'm always around!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem, tried restarting several times and still doing the same thing. My fitbit shows fully charged but when I take it off charger it going blank and won't turn on. I been having problem for almost a year now, hold a charge for the day was impossible and now it will not turn on if off the charger. I hope to get this fix soon.😒

Best Answer

I purchased an Alta on Sept 13, 2018, gave it to my daughter for her bday on Oct 8, 2018, and she has complained of it going blank and not coming back to life as well, pretty much within the first month of use, however, the store's return policy is 30 days and we are past that now.  Of course I've tried the "reset" thing and still seems to go blank and not respond.  She is very disappointed in the watch's performance as she has been asking for this gift for a while and was so excited to receive it.  Hoping someone from Fitbit can step in to resolve these issues.

Best Answer

I just got mine and it only stayed charged for half a day yesterday so I charged it all night and it died right after charging this morning. My Alta would also not charge all the way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue. Charged my fitbit alta when it was on low battery after about 10 months of having it, and then it now won't work unless it is plugged into the wall! Which isn't the best for a fitness tracker

Best Answer

I'm also having the same issue. I've had my alta for almost two years with no problems. Now I charge it and within an hour of taking it off the charger it goes blank. I've tried resetting several times with no luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem.  I have reset it several times and it works for a few hours and then suddenly goes blank.  It is fully charged and will turn on when I plug it back in.  I have never had problems with it before now.  

Best Answer

I am having the exact same problem.  Got my Alta last Christmas and today it just turned off even though it's charged.  Tried the reset with no luck - now what 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the exact same issue. Extremely frustrating. 

So with all the updates-the ALTA just won’t hold a charge anymore...is this correct? Mine is acting just like all these-fine while plugged in, as soon as you quit tapping it and it goes black you have to plug it in to get it to come back on. Maybe you need a new software program? I don’t want to buy an Apple Watch, but I feel like this issue isn’t fixable. 

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer

My Alta (only 2 months old) has the blank screen issue (tapping won’t waken it) for the past several weeks. It seems to happen in the morning. I know it still has a charge, but in order to activate the screen I need to plug it into the charger for a few seconds. And when I do this it shows the Fitbit logo and a “v” number.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same problem!! Tried everything and won’t work 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you do this for me as well my Fitbit has the same problem

Want to know what options are available to fix this plz

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem but can't seem to find a solution. Is it a software glitch??? I am lost without my Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve contacted Fitbit support on twitter and they’re investigating. I’ll let you know what they say. Do any of you get this same “v” number flash up when you attach it to the charger? 13AD115F-CA60-4B24-9AB8-ABE5439037F9.jpeg

Best Answer

This v number is normal.  Pretty sure it is the software version number.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I get the same error message.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My wife also also has this problem with her Alta

Have tried to fix as per previous respondents with no success 

Can Customer Support provide a solution or is the Alta stuffed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I knownstarted having the same problem as well!!! So frustrating. Fitbit Alta says it’s charged when plugged in....then it turns off and is blank.’help Fitbit support team!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit is replacing my Alta (it’s quite new) after I contacted them directly on Twitter @Fitbitsupport  and described the issue (I included photo of the  odd message that would display once I connected it to the charger every time the screen became unresponsive)

Best Answer
0 Votes