Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta turning off when battery is full

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Alta switches off the moment its charging plug is removed. I have tried restarting it by pressing the micro switch three times within 8 seconds, however after rebooting also the problem persists. Moreover, the display works when it is plugged on and shows the battery as fully charged, However moments after removing the charging plug, it goes dead and no amount of taping is able to bring it to life. This problem started exactly a year after flawless performance. Please help 

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
85 REPLIES 85
Well they won’t replace it for you. Trust me — I tried. So annoyed.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The beat one that I ever had was the original one that was so basic with just the dots across the screen. I never had any issues with that one 🤬

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Kdonnor  @KCollins! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you were having problems with this as well. I've gone ahead and escalated your cases to our Support Team for them to help you out with this. Please, keep an eye on your inbox for more instructions and if you need more help, let me know. I'll be happy to help you out!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s already been escalated and all they offered was 25% off a new Alta. Not good enough. You should be replacing it at no charge.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I agree with this.  It's not a question of warranties.  With so many of us experiencing the same thing, it's a design fault. The Alta is not fit for purpose.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Fiorenza1028 @SunsetRunner!

I'm sorry to hear that you're not satisfied with the alternative offered by our Support Team @Fiorenza1028. I'm afraid that from my position, there's not much else that I can offer. If you'd like to take advantage of the discount and need help with it, let me know. I'll be happy to help you out!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven’t used mine one week and now it won’t work unless it is charging.  When I unplug it, it goes dead. Please Help!  Wearing it was motivating me to get more steps and I like that feedback. 

Best Answer

My Alta has been doing the same exact thing! Did you ever get an answer or solution? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit support were very proactive, and emailed me after seeing this thread. They gave me a few things to try, like rebooting and cleaning the contacts on the device where you plug it in.  

The probltm persisted, so they ended up offering me a 20 or 25 % discount on a new Fitbit. They seemed surprised that I didn’t want to spend more money on another  device that might last less than two years. 

I gkt another brand of watch for Christmas....

Best Answer

Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I never received any response.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

This is what they sent me: caveat that this was an email to me not general instructions:

In order to proceed, could you please try the following tips?

• Dust and debris can accumulate over time and prevent a charge. Clean the charging contacts using a toothpick.
  • If you haven't done so, try a different port. A UL-certified wall charger will also work. Don't use a USB hub.

We would also like you to restart your tracker following the next steps:

• Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  • Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. Your tracker will begin charging.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem - it started suddenly today. I called Fitbit and they just said the inside parts can’t be fixed and I’d have to buy a new one - offered an email with a 25% discount. I don’t see why so many people should have this problem unless there is a problem with Fitbit itself.

Best Answer

I have just received a replacement and am still having issues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a charging issue and the sent me a new one. I received the new one today and am having more issues. Unsure why they didn't offer you a replacement. Maybe you should look into it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue.  It goes dead and when I plug it into charger it shows a full battery.  Please assist.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Still never received a response.  Ended up just getting a new one Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My daughter got her replacement yesterday and it has the same issue. Won't work once it's unplugged from the charger. Good luck

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have now ditched the Alta and now have a Blaze. So far it has been ok
Best Answer
0 Votes

The "replacements"  are recycled devices that others have sent back.  This is a huge scam. They should be reported to authorities.  

Best Answer
0 Votes