Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta turning off when battery is full

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Alta switches off the moment its charging plug is removed. I have tried restarting it by pressing the micro switch three times within 8 seconds, however after rebooting also the problem persists. Moreover, the display works when it is plugged on and shows the battery as fully charged, However moments after removing the charging plug, it goes dead and no amount of taping is able to bring it to life. This problem started exactly a year after flawless performance. Please help 

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
85 REPLIES 85

Good luck with your recycled broken replacement.  They have no intention of doing anything but getting you to spend more money on another style.

Best Answer
0 Votes

the same problem with my unit...any solutions for this sir?

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been having the same problem! It still has plenty of battery life left then just shuts down! Recharge it, works again for a few days and now it’s done it again! I’m ready to just say forget it and get something else

Best Answer
0 Votes
Doesn't sound like you have the same problem.  The battery only last a few days. Sounds like yours works fine. The problem I have, is as soon as you take it off the charger, It dies. No battery life at all.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is not fine but I may be on the wrong thread. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
how?

Kind Regards,
Marco
Best Answer
0 Votes

how?please....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the exact same problem.  My Fitbit worked perfectly well, couple

of weekd over the one year warranty and now this has started happening. Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ditch it
Best Answer
0 Votes

They’re sending me a replacement so hopefully that works 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well done to you
Best Answer

I’m having the exact same issue.  My Fitbit worked perfectly well just over the one year warranty and now this has started happening. Can anyone help

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. My Alta is fully charged but switches off and will only turn on when connected to the charger. It only stays on for minutes before turning off again !!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Don’t expect any help from Fitbit.

Sue Kosel
Best Answer

My Fitbit started having this issue today as well. Is that normal? What are my options for fixing it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem!! The reset doesn’t help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine will stay on for a few, the battery is full..then it shuts off.. I’ve tried the reset and it doesn’t work

Best Answer
0 Votes

So dissatisfied with Fitbit. Had a ONE for years and replaced that with another when it was finally worn out never a day of trouble  never.

Alta was worked fine the first year, I added a Versa to my collection, it's less than a year old and that won't sync and from what I see  in forums online and friends is a very common issue.  

Now the Alta turns off after an hour or so and only re activates when plugged to charge, battery is fully. 

Very expensive lesson but I've had enough. Time to check out the competition. 👋

Best Answer

I agree! I bought this brand new not too long ago. It seems to be a widespread problem but there’s apparently no recourse or recall to help us out. So, for that I will be looking at the competition as well since Fitbit doesn’t want to make it right with their customers. 

Best Answer