Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta turning off when battery is full

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Alta switches off the moment its charging plug is removed. I have tried restarting it by pressing the micro switch three times within 8 seconds, however after rebooting also the problem persists. Moreover, the display works when it is plugged on and shows the battery as fully charged, However moments after removing the charging plug, it goes dead and no amount of taping is able to bring it to life. This problem started exactly a year after flawless performance. Please help 

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
85 REPLIES 85

OK, so I now have the same problem with an Alta which is just shy of 2 years old.  Worked fine until last week.  Now it takes a very very long time to charge and works when connected to power.  As soon as it is removed from power, the screen goes blank.  I have done all the usual cleaning of the ports and restarting the device from the button at the base of the charger.  Reading this forum makes me think the problem might be fatal.  In that case, I would like to reach out to support but I cannot find a way of doing that which does not involve a phone call.  I live in Australia and not sure if the support number will work for me. 

Prefer to deal electronically so hopefully there is someone from Fitbit monitoring this thread.  

I know things are crazy busy, but 'm an optimist as I have had fabulous support from Fitbit in the past

Austragirl, Adelaide, South Australia
Best Answer

Yes l have same version and get V214002 on screen while charging...My problem is same, shows battery full as soon as l remove charger the screen goes blank .

Best Answer
0 Votes

impressed you managed to catch it might is there for a split second. I have tried for 3 days to get on the chat with them starts at about position number 32 and then gets to position 1 and there it stays 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is my 3rd Alta I like the size all other are to wide but I’m 5 months off warranty so they will not replace it they offered a25% discount on another one I’m so annoyed not sure if I’ll buy another one of their products I paid $ 195.00 fit the special edition should last more than a year geese watches lasted for years......

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem says its charged works for about 2 to 3 days and then shuts off..but battery says half to 3/4 charge

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue.  Fully charged, my Alta works fine when plugged in.  I tried downloading the new software for my iOS phone, no luck.  This started about a week and a half ago.  5/26/2020

Best Answer
0 Votes