Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Alta won’t charge past 75% and turns off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone else experiencing problems with their Fitbit Alta not charging past 75%? After attempting to charge it and wear the device it immediately shuts off as well. I have tried restarting it a few time’s but no luck.

Any tips would be appreciated. 
Thank you! 

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

Hello @Heatherbaker, welcome to the Fitbit Community. 

Thank you for all the details that you've provided about your Alta that won’t charge past 75% and turns off. It's good to know that you've also tried to restart the device a few times. 

I've sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance with this, but was informed that you already have a case created or that you already got in touch with them. 

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues.  I have restarted my Alta multiple times and it still doesn't work.  HELP!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has been doing the same thing too! I bought in new in January and it has been doing it since new upgrade on the app (sometime in spring or summer)  I have tried restarting as well as uninsatalling app and re-installing app to no avail.  Any fixes known?  I tried contacting customer support but can't find an email link only a twitter link and I don't use.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

My says it is full charged then when it reaches 1/2 way it is dead. when I plug it in to charge it again it shows 1/2 but won't work until I charge it.

Best Answer

Hi @BakersDozen @ACarlston1985 @Doris44, welcome to the Community forums.  

Thank you for sharing this information about what you've been experiencing with your Alta that won't charge to 100% and turns off constantly. It's good to know that you already tried to perform the restart procedure. 

I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon. Keep an eye on your inbox. 

Let me know about the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem. Have rebooted multiple times. I bought a new Alta because I thought the issues were related to my previous being too old. But have same problem. It dies after about 75-80% charged battery. I have to recharge for it to work until the charge goes down to 76-80%. Very frustrating and disappointing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue!  Started a few weeks ago.  So frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SunsetRunner and @KimbaMcW, welcome to the Fitbit Community forum.  Sorry for the late reply. 

Thank you for sharing all these details about your Alta that is turning off and not charging to 100%.

I've sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance with this, but was informed that you already have a case created or that you already got in touch with them. Keep an eye on your inbox. 

Let me know about the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can someone help? Mine has been doing the exact same thing and as soon as I take it off charge it dies.

it won’t go past 75% and I don’t know what to do 

Best Answer
I contacted customer service about the issue and was able to get a
replacement tracker. Make sure that it's within your warranty period,
otherwise you will have to pay out of pocket for a new one.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven’t resolved the issue but have emailed/chatted with Fitbit support. Got one replaced but had same issues so am waiting for the second replacement (because mine was still under warranty).

The last email from FB support indicated that I update my Alta on IOS.

Grace
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, everyone, sorry for the late response. 

@Chloebungay, welcome to the Community forums.  

Thank you for confirming that you've been experiencing the same problem with the Alta device not responding.

I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon.

Thank you for sharing your experiencing with this and for confirming that you already got in touch with the Support team @ACarlston1985 @SunsetRunner.

Let me know if you have further questions.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was a fix ever found for this? My Fitbit started doing the same thing. I have restarted it multiple times and it stays at 75% and dies shortly after too.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No there wasn’t. Had to replace. Fitbit gave me a discount on a new one.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry you are having the same issues. I was lucky that mine was under warranty and Fitbit replaced mine twice before the problem was resolved. 
  I’m sure you have rebooted it by plugging it in and pushing the button on the cord three times until the Fitbit logo shows on the display. Good luck. 
   This will be my last Fitbit purchase. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm now having this same issue. I thought it was a battery issue, so I might have a case listed. Melvin, who I worked with earlier today, taught me how to reset it. That only lasted for an hour or two.

I do have a 3 year warranty that I bought 1 year ago with the Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Spoiler
My Alta just came in the mail today 7/10/20 and won't charge past 75% and dropped to 35% after a half day's use.
Best Answer

I’ve recently had a Fitbit Alta (new to me) it was working fine then yesterday started showing the battery symbol with flashing lines and app says only charged to 75% despite having charged overnight.  Also showing battery symbol when touch screen, have done reboot and all advice shown above 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine will charge past 75% but once it gets down to 75% it shuts off. I have to put it on the plug, push the button three times, and it comes back online. But once it drops below 75% it shuts off again. It's been doing this for about 3-4 weeks now. My FitBit is just over two years old, so most likely out of warranty - even for Costco (which seems to cover anything within two years). Of course, now that I'm typing this, I realize that it's been awhile since I have left it on long enough to fully charge. Maybe it doesn't? I left it on the charger for over two hours one night while I was just sitting, and I don't think it ever got to 100%. I'll have to try that again.

Best Answer
0 Votes